Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Laserjet 1536dnf MFP printer. It was hit by a power surge and after electricity was resumed the printer just stuck with blinking ready lights and exclamation mark. I am not sure how to get pass this and was wondering if I can get some assistance.

Picture attached of the printer20140903_074114.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @OutSourceRox,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your Laserjet 1536dnf MFP has a blinking ready light and excalmation mark. I will do my best to assist you! Thank you fo providing a picture of your exact issue! Please make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector. I just want to see if this makes a difference. 

I would recommend following this entire HP document on The Attention Light Blinks and an 'Install black cartridge' Message Displays on the Control Panel.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night! Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, And it is not the ink it is just the lights blick and the printer will not continue to load.

HP Recommended

I am also having the exact same issue. I  have tried plugging the device directly into the wall as well. Are there any othre troubleshooting steps to be taken?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.