Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have same error in Win 10 64 bit on AMD. Tried both HP drivers PCL 5 & 6.

How does one delete Windows default driver as you suggested  surely that is happening anyway.

Anyway how do you delete Windows default driver?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Most times the 49 error is a firmware error and not a driver error.  It is usually casued by a bad print job trying to print and confusing the printer.  You need to disconnect the printer from the computer and/or network and turn the power on and see if the printer comes to ready.  If it does go to the reports menu and print a config report.  If it works, then the printer is fine and you have an issue with a job trying to print from the computer.  Delete all print jobs on the computer, reattach the printer, update the firmware to the latest version and then try to print someting other than the job that caused the error in the first place.  It should work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you handling this problem ?

HP Recommended

I have the same error. I Upgraded the firmware on printer P2055, upgraded the drivers on Win10 64 Bit, but again i get the same error when i print from any program: 49 Error 3D90A44 and I need to restart the printer.

Any suggestion ? 

HP Recommended

Hi Videosound,

I using HP Laserjet P2055d and it’s woking fine with Windows 10 64 bit connects with my computer via USB cable 2.0.

My solution is install HP Universal Printer Driver PCL6 version “6.0.0.18449” (Latest driver on HP.com site is "6.3.0.21178" but it no solves problem “49 erro”).

The first, you search and download “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe” file at:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/

Then you need to uninstall the existing drivers for the printer completely from Windows:

1. Turn off printer.
  2. Go “Devices and Printers” look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device".
  3. Go “Programs and Features”, look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Uninstall" or "Remove ".
  4. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  5. Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  6. Click on “Drivers” tab, look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom. Select OK. Then select Apply and OK on the “Print Server Properties” windows. Close Devices and Printers.
  7. Restart computer.
  8. Run “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe” file, select “USB mode plug and play”.
  9. Turn on printer and wait some minutes to windows know your printer.
  10. Go “Devices and Printers”, if you see “HP Universal Printing PCL6” is finish. If you see “HP Laserjet P2055 Series” and “HP Universal Printing PCL6”, righ click “HP Laserjet P2055 Series”, choose"Remove Device", windows will remove both printers.
  11. Restart computer again.
  12. Then turn on printer and wait some minutes to windows know your printer.
  13. Go “Devices and Printers” again, if you see “HP Universal Printing PCL6” is OK. If you still see “HP Laserjet P2055 Series” and “HP Universal Printing PCL6”, repeat 10-12 steps. Sometimes we need patience to reuse old our printers!

Good luck!

dungleviet

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.