Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
laserjet pro 500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The Laserjet is internittently no longer able to contact the computer where our scans are stored.  This probably dates from when we had a new router installed that permits IPV6 as well as IPV4.  How can we disable IPV6 in the printer, and force it back to IPV4?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

In order to disable IPv6 on the Printer, use a web browser to navigate to the IP Address of the Printer.  Once there, click on the networking tab, choose Networking Settings.  There you will see a checkbox that says "IPv6".  Uncheck that box and click apply.

Have a great day!

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hello Mark

There are 2 Ways to disable the IPV6 from your printer.

1 Though the control panel of the printer.

Select the Administrator option - then select Network - then choose configure network - In this option you can select or

de-select IPV4 or IPV6.

2 Though Web broser.

If you know the IP address of your printer, then open any web browser, type in the IP addess of the printer.

This wil open the Web console ( EWS) of the printer. Select Network Tab and in that you can disable the IPV6.

Thanks & Regards

Kaps

I am an HP employee. The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP.
Kudos are always appreciated if I have helped you. You may also select this as accepted solution if this is the resolution of the issue.

I am an HP employee. The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP.
Kudos are always appreciated if I have helped you. You may also select this as accepted solution if this is the resolution of the issue.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice!  I will not be in the office until next week, but I'll give this a try then, and let you know how it works out.  Appreciate your help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.