Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M130NW
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I am trying to scan multiple sheets from the feeding tray and when I go into the HP Easy Scan software and open the settings options, Flatbed is the option in the "Source" menu and that menu is also greyed out and won't allow changes.  How can I fix this or is this a flatbed only scanner?  I have just purchased this and multi page feeding is really what I need.  If this one won't do it, which model will?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Logun

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw printer. I understand that you are unable to scan multiple pagesand you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

• Double-click the icon for your printer, click Print & Scan, and then click Scan a Document.
  • Select the appropriate scan option for the item you are scanning.
  • Click Scan. A preview of the scan will display.
  • Click the Plus sign (+) on the left side of the window to scan additional pages.
  • Click Save to capture the scanned file 

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

SandyTech20, please re-read my original question.  I stated that I am trying to use the paper tray to  feed multiple pages to be scanned.  

I am not having any issue manually loading multiple documents for scanning using the flatbed scanner part.  

The "source" option in "settings" is grayed out and "flatbed" is the option in the grayed out area.

How can I change the "source" to paper tray to auto feed instead of having to manually scan each individual page of a multi-page document on the flatbed scanner?  Or is that even an option on this model?

HP Recommended

Hi! @Logun, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Are you able to make a copy from the flatbed scanner?

Please try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Get the IP address from the printer (print a configuration report and look for the IPV4)

Then enter the IP address into a web browser go to scan > scan to network folder > click on edit on the profile that you want to change and at the bottom, you will be able to customize the following 

That one will change any new scan to that folder/profile and will be the new default 

Now for instance, if want you want to do its a temporary change for let's say one scan you do can perform that from the printer  try this

scan > scan to network folder > select your profile/folder, you will get a screen that has all your current settings saved from before (default settings) you have two buttons settings and scan 

Go to settings from there you will be able to customize the following items, scan file type (JPEG/PDF), scan resolution, scan paper size, scan source, filename prefix, output color from that menu you will have the opportunity to make those changes for new default 

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Mr Robot

I have no issue scanning or making copies from the flatbed scanner.  

I NEED TO FEED MULTIPLE DOCUMENTS FROM THE PAPER TRAY , NOT LOAD SINGLE DOCUMENTS BY HAND ON TO THE FLATBED SCANNER.  

I USE THE HP SCAN software

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER TO MY QUESTIONS BELOW:

1)  CAN THIS MODEL PRINTER/COPIER/SCANNER FEED FROM THE PAPER TRAY TO SCAN MULTIPLE PAGES OR NOT?  

2) IF IT CAN BE DONE, THEN HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THIS USING THE HP SCAN SOFTWARE?

When I type in the IP address of the printer, it takes me to the "Home" page for the printer.  The tabs I see are the following: "Home", "System", "Print", "Copy", "Networking", "HP Web Services".  

I do not see "Scan" anywhere on the "Home" tab page, so I'm unable to follow the instructions you've given below.  THIS IS FOR A MAC NOT A PC.

On the printer itself my options are:

Setup Menu:

Web Services

Reports, Self

Diagnostics

System Setup

Service

Network Setup

Quick Forms 

Please help.

HP Recommended

@Logun, Thanks your quick response and time.

I have checked the printer specifications and your printer does not have ADF to scan multiple pages.

So you cannot scan multiple pages using this printer.

Refer the printer specifications page to know more information.

Have a great day ahead

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can I scan multiple pages from my iMac to my HP Laserjet Pro MFP M130nw?

If so, how can this be done?

HP Recommended

@caseyd1, Thanks for your response and time.

You cannot scan multiple pages even using an iMac, as there is no ADF (Automatic document feeder) on the printer to scan multiple pages.

Refer the printer specifications page to know more information.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.