Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650
iOS

I purchased the HP OfficeJet 4650 to pair with my iPad for airprinting.  When it works, it's awesome.  Unfortunately, I usualy have to turn off the printer and turn it back on each time I want to print and sometimes it won't print at all.  It will, however, always connect with the HP App and print a report.  So connection is not the issue. Help?!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@SarBjorne

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are having issues in printing from IPad.

I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Move the router closer to the printer.
  • Restart all devices, and make sure they are on the same network.
  • Upgrade the Apple device firmware.
  • Make sure Air Print is enabled.
  • Try to print from another device or computer.
  • Reset the HP printer.

Click here and follow step seven to perform these troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Airprint doesn't work consistently. Now I can't print at all from my iPad. The advice I see on the forum varies.  iPad seems to always be contacting printer but no result. I have unplugged router, printer, and shut down iPad. When I turned everything back on I was able to print one email. (It came out double sided which is another issue) But after that I still can't print. I think I've seen this complaint on the Amazon reviews. What can be done. I just set the WiFi to the printer network and still it won't print.

HP Recommended

A nice tech support fellow at HP resolved my problem which is exactly the same as yours.  The problem in my case was that the printer was set up for 5GHz network transmission. I turned that off and now am happily printing at 2.4GHz. It happened when Apple sent out a new IOS system upgrade.  Something to do with smart TVs and enabling 5.0GHz so there are no delays in streaming. Who knows what that means. Anyway, HP and Apple need to work together to get that resolved in time for the next IOS upgrade.

Here's what I did to fix it.

Go to printer screen and doing the following:

Touch the set up icon

Touch network setup

Scroll down to advance settings

Turn off the IPv6 setting (that's what enables 5.0 MHz)

Go back to Home

Turn off your printer

Turn it back on

You should be able to print consistently now (if you had the same issue as I had)

Your 5,0MHz network can accommodate 2.4MHz with no problem.

Please let me know if this solves the problem.  Thanks.

Steve

HP Recommended
Turning off IPV6 also worked for me.

Another thing that helped to get things working on the Mac only was disabling Secure Airprint, but you don't have the option to do that from iOS
HP Recommended

Bingo. Shutting off IPv6 in Advanced Settings allowed me to print from iPhone6. I could print from iMac and PC but not iPhone. This solved the problem.

Thanks for the tip.

HP Recommended

Your solution absolutely solved my problem.  Thanks so much for taking the time to post this solution!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.