Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-02-2017 01:32 AM
Hi. There was a post on this before but the solution was to update Mac OS. I have the 10.7.5 Lion on my Mac and although I did print and scan before, for some reason it stopped (I did not update any software 100%sure).
So, uninstalled my hp utility, tried to install it again but nothing.
Considering that upgrading Mac OS is not an option, how do I properly install my HP OJ 4652?
05-03-2017 12:23 PM
A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you.
I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet 4652 All-in-One Printer and it has stopped to print and scan from your Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. I read that you haven't made any changes or upgrades to the Mac OS. You uninstall and reinstalled the HP Utility but that did not help. Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- Do you receive an error message while trying to print?
- Is the printer connected via USB or wirelessly?
- Is the printer able to make a copy? If yes, then it indicates that the printer hardware is fine.
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Now, please reset the printing system in the Mac OS.
NOTE: Post the reset, when you add the printer, please add it as an AirPrint printer.
I hope this information helps. Let me know the outcome. All the best! 🙂
05-04-2017 02:46 AM
Thank you for the support.
It is now printing but NOT scanning.
When I try to scan the printer's display prompts a message to use the HP Utility to add the printer.
When I try to add the new device on HP Utility, a message prompts saying it is not possible to add this printer. The message is in Portuguese but translating it says that the device is not supported.
It further says that updating the HP Utility or using any other hp software might fix this issue.
05-05-2017 08:57 AM
You're welcome. 🙂
I'm glad to know that printing is working. But the reason scanning is not is because presently only the basic print drivers have got installed. The full featured drivers for this printer are not available for Mac 10.7 Lion. The full featured drivers for this printer are available only from Mac 10.8 onwards.
You may try to install the Apple updates for Mac Lion (I'm not sure if any updates are still available from Apple) and then install the Apple Image Capture and use it for scanning purposes.
NOTE: This is only a workaround. It may or may not work.
Hope this helps. Good luck! 🙂