Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
On the way home I stopped at C****o and checked the price for a set of three of the smallest tiniest little color cartridges for the 6600, that's three cartridges, one of each color not three sets it was $49.99 here in Canada. Now try and tell me that is not a scam!
"Edit" And C****o was the cheapest price I have found so far how crazy is that lol $49.99
HP Recommended

@Schwin wrote:
On the way home I stopped at C****o and checked the price for a set of three of the smallest tiniest little color cartridges for the 6600, that's three cartridges, one of each color not three sets it was $49.99 here in Canada. Now try and tell me that is not a scam!
"Edit" And C****o was the cheapest price I have found so far how crazy is thatlol $49.99

The 933XL cartridges at Costco are only $57.99 CDN, this would probably be a better value as they are rated at 825 pages vs 330 pages for the standard 933 cartridges.

They also offer the 933XL Combo Pack, 3 color cartridges, 25 sheets of 5x7 photo paper, and 10 envelopes for $51 USD.

The lowest price is not necessarily the best value.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hey Schwin,

Read my post about the futility of dealing with HP inkjets.  You are wasting a LOT of money on those cartridges.  Just get a laserjet...look at the reasons on my post. 

HP Recommended
Hi NOLALinda,
I stopped using the HP 6600 printer about 4 months ago. I agree with you 100 % laserjet is the way to go. I just thought it would be nice to have an inkjet to print off the odd color picture, my bad. Before these pieces of crap HP's I had a Canon laserjet that lasted 20 years then the dreaded first HP that lasted maybe 1 year now this HP 6600 p***ed me off after only 2 months. These things are a joke. I tried dealing with all my HP problems over the phone with HP lol what an even bigger joke.
HP Recommended

Yeah I found out the phone call was a mistake after about 10 minutes. The guy asked if the printer was hooked up to a Mac or Windows computer.  I told him Linux. He said he was at the Mac desk and then offered to transfer me to the Windows desk. Then I asked him if he knew what Linux was... He assured me he did and sent me to the guy that deals with computers with Linux installed. That guy said he would have to send me to the printer desk. What a circus!

HP Recommended

Hi Swin,

Any word on the reliability of the different laserjets that are out there?  Just curious before I go shopping.  Glad to hear from a kindred spirit.

NOLALinda

HP Recommended

What is the technical reason a printer cannot use just the black ink cartridge to print black and white (as opposed to the financial reason, we know why HP did this, don't we.)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.