Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Support (from someplace in the middle east) did contact me regarding the print head problem. They said "Not to Worry, they can help."

The solution was to sell me an upgraded model, a reconditioned  HP8610 for $163.99 with a 10% discount marked down to $149.00. Interesting Costco has the HP8625 on sale now for $134.99. They gave me 2 hours to make a decission and give them a credit card purchase over the phone.

Here was my answer to their e-mail offer:

Sir:

I see no reason why I should buy an obsolete reconditioned model when I can go to Costco and by a brand new printer that is two generations newer than your offer and for less money.

Doesn't make any sense at all. I can buy an comparable Epson for under $100.

Thank you for your time.

JJ

-----Original Message-----

From: HP Support [mailto:amr_na_en_laserjet@hpservice.support.hp.com]

Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 12:42 PM

To: jjreich

Hi Sir,

Please find details of the upgrade

HP OJ 8610 Reconditioned at 163.99$

after 10% discount

New Price:147.99$

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.