Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Same problem. Guess it's time to move on from HP.
HP Recommended

I am rather amazed by the lack of response from HP. There is clearly something wrong with these printers or at least with the customer satisfaction. At this point HP is creating rather bad publicity that will cost them more than just fixing the issue.

HP Recommended

They don't care. It's deliberate planned obsolescence on their part.

HP Recommended

It is clear that they don't care. From a business-perspective it is just weird to take the position as they do. In my case it was my personal printer although I am a system manager with a large number of systems and printers under my care.

Since this happened to me, I haven't bought any HP printing solutions for any of my clients due to their lack of service.

It shows how the lack of service on their consumer products affect the sales on their professional solutions.

Calculating back I have ordered over €20.000,- on alternative branded printing solutions that otherwise would have been spend on HP products. This can be considered direct loss of sales and not even mentioning the loss due to bad publicity.

HP Recommended

I am having this same issue and under my diagnositics page it says, in fact, that the printhead is missing. My printer is just over one year old so I do not qualify for product support without fees. I have never used replacement ink other than HP, and I have already tried re-starting the printer. Please contact me with more help. 

HP Recommended

This is me contacting you for help...

Dump your printer! Mine even gave instructions on how to replace the printhead and that turned out to be the instruction for a different model. It seems that the printer head is meant to kill itself affer warranty time..

Your only help available:

Get a printer from another brand!

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem as everyone else.  My printer is just outside of warranty.  Is there a work around for this?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Sadly, no. You will have to do as the rest of us, buy another brand. We have all been caught in this scam by HP, it's a disgrace.

HP Recommended

I am having the same error message as a number of other on this forum re: error message suddenly appears saying that the printhead is missing or failed.  Just a minute after my HP6700 printed a few pages, it suddenly stopped  doing so with this message. I have followed all of HP's suggested steps, i.e., unplugging, checking ink cartridges, removing USB, etc.  None of them did anything to correct or get past the same issue.  My printer is nearly 3 years old, so well out of warranty.

If I can avoid having to chuck it and buy another, I'd like to do so.  Please let me know what else I can do.  Taking it to an HP service center (if one exists here) would most likely costs almost as much as buying a new one.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

You can't do anything.. Trash it and buy another brand..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.