Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I use this printer for my work at home printer. I got a new work computer - Dell Precision 7510, Windows 7 64 bit. I am simply unable to install the HP software, either basic or full. I have also updated all the Dell driver including the bios. Here is the error message.

I can use the printer for simple printing, but I need to use the scanning function, particularly to create multi-page pdfs.

I hope there is some way to get the HP drivers to install? I have loved this printer and typically buy high end all in one systems for my work at home -being unable to use it fully is very disappointing.

HP_err.PNG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, @cmsorenson52 - Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for your continued participation on the HP Forums! I’d like to help!

I understand that you are getting a message which says that the PC does not have necessary USB support to install the Officejet 8500 printer. Do not worry, we can fix this by changing certain values in the installation files. Try the steps below first:

1. Press the "Windows logo" key + "R" to get the "Run" window.
  2. Type %temp% and press ok to get the temp folder. Delete all files from this folder (Skip the ones which you cannot delete)
  3. Now, go to http://hp.care/2qSCmY1 to download and install the printer driver. 
  4. Once the download is completed the files will be "extracted". When the extracting process is completed, the installer will open. Cancel the installer / stop the installer.
  5. Now go back to the temp folder, open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
  6. Open the Setup folder and locate the usbready.exe file and rename it into usbready.old.exe
  7. Browse back to the main extraction folder (the folders who starts with 7z) and launch the Setup.exe file.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.