Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem. Power button remains green and screen is blank. Cable unplug and plug does not help. Doing. Full reset with TL,BL,TL,TL as suggested does not help either.

The problem started when I was in setting and selected wireless setting. I got a message saying printer is connect with a cable and cannot do wireless setting. With OK button. Since then nothing responds

Please help.
HP Recommended

I'm reading people talking about pushing the pound button and the nine button as they plug the unit back in...I'm confused because my 8500a doesn't have ANY of these buttons, unless there's a concealed pannel I don't know about.

My printer refuses to print from any of the computers on the network. You power down, power up and MAYBE it'll print for a few minuts, maybe not.

I've also left it unplugged overnight and it still had the same issues. Today I did a software factory reset, then reconnected to the wireless network.

Any suggestions appreciated because I am getting SUPER irritated with this unit.

HP Recommended
I'm having the exact same problem. Light on, but screen dead. I had it with HPn they plugged it in and it worked but as soon as I got home blank again. They told me to buy a new power supply, I did si but still its dead!
HP Recommended

I have the same problem in my 6500 e709.  I did the same on the jam looksee and found nothing, twice.  I took out the duplexer and cleaned all the rollers I could see there and around the carriage and auto feeder and finally prayed over it.  Somehow the error quit for a month or so.  Now it is back.  printer error  0-60000f6

This appears to be a software issue common to the all in one office jet printers since this occurs on mine, and later or higher numbered models such as the 8600 plus, etc. 

I have see no one from HP or who worked there on this thread come up with nothing but resets, paper jams and only whatever HP says the code means.  How about someone getting on the horn to HP technicians (real ones) that know the software (or firmware) and see if there can be an upgrade to this particular problem. 

I'll bet it is a glitch that pops up when a certain combination of commands overload the processor and it hiccups forever.  Lets fix this problem so HP can get their printer integrity back.

HP Recommended

Following a thunderstorm (unit surge protected) my printer has power + an orange exclamation point + blank screen but will neither boot-up nor switch off. The computer states that it is not connected to the printer. Have disconnected all cables and recnnected to no effect. Anybody any suggestions, please?

HP Recommended

My HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus has stopped printing, giving me a blank page or printing in magenta only. I have installed all four brand new 940 ink cartridges but same problem. From reading about similar problems, it appears the full-full reset may be the only procedure to fix this. Can anyone help, please?

HP Recommended

Hi Zeldadog1,

The strongest reset that I know of is called a Semi Full Reset.  I would recommend taking some other steps before trying that.

Try running the Clean Printhead utility up to 3 times.  See Solution 4, Step 4. 

If that doesn't help, you can follow the other steps from the top in the previous link.  Are there any changes?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

I could use the information how to make a full reset i have also tried a partial and semi full reset and am still having problems

HP Recommended

Zelda, I experienced multiple problems such as yours.  The ink system with chips and all is the weak link in this printer.  I have done multiple times head cleaning, cartridge changes, cleaning the rollers when it would not print.  Nothing done was ever deemed as fixing the problem, almost like shotgunning at every problem.  I finally bought a continuous ink supply system and it worked for months on end because I never ran out of ink (pressed OK to continue when warning came on) and I never had to remove and replace the cartridges.  I started having problems again so I gave up and recycled it at Staples.  I now have an Epson and have not had ANY problems.  I feel good about my decision.   The ink cartridges will soon cost you more than the printer if that is where your problems lie.

HP Recommended

How do you do a full reset for a HP Officejet Pro 8500 909a?  I tkeeps saying ot is copying and then spits out 99 pages with nothing on them and then does it againb ands again.  Turning it off does not help nor unplugging it.  most of the time I can not get it to print, it just says it is busy because it is in the middle of copying something.

What should I do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.