Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi, i have noticed lots of people asking the same simple question: how do i scan and save as a pdf with an hp 8600? i have yet to see a simple answer. please let me know exactly how i can do this as i do not see any options or preference settings that will allow me to choose. and what keeps heppening is that everything gets saved as tiffs, page by page, which is of no use to me. thanks very much. 

ps

HP Recommended

how? 

HP Recommended

Sorry, Paul.  We're (you, I, and anyone else with the 8600) are outta luck.  The 8600 simply doesn't have the flexibility we need.  The file sizes resulting from scans are huge at 600 dpi and up resolution and the 8600 won't let you do multiple pages at that resolution.  Best thing I heard was to get a 3rd-party package called vueScan, but it was pricey and I didn't get it.  Bottom line: get another scanner 😞

HP Recommended
Trouble scanning multiple pages as single document-I figured it out!
I have an 8600 at work and it scans from the flatbed then asks if I want to add pages to the scan so I then place the 2nd page on the flatbed etc..but the 8600 I have at HOME acted differently. I tried scanning from the flatbed and read on a forum that I should put them in the Automatic Document feeder so I tried that and it still scanned as separate pages. So then I tried this: (I use a MAC)  go to System Preferences, Print & Fax, selected the printer name and clicked Scan, click Open Scanner, change Scan Mode to "Document feeder", change Format to "PDF" and check "Create Single Document" and it worked. It has to be set to PDF to get the choice to create single document- the other choices TIFF, JPG are single pages. Hope it saves y'all a few hours and headaches. 

Screen shot 2014-01-06 at 11.26.44 AM.png
HP Recommended
I figured it out- please see my post, printscan
HP Recommended

Selecting to scan to a .PDF is not an option. I do not have the "scan to mutliple pages" selected, in fact the selection of this box is not an option either. I have tried to add a profile to enable scanning to a .pdf and I cannot.

HP Recommended

There are 2 small icons on the lower left side of HP Scan screen ,  one has black + and other has red x.     Scan the first page,   replace with second and click the + icon.     It will scan the second page.    Once you are done will all the docs,    click on save and it will save all scans in one pdf file.

HP Recommended

This really helped. I was trying to do multiple page .pdf scans but there were no add/remove buttons. Then I saw this response after doing a google search. Even though it was addressing .jpg's, when you mentioned scanning at 200 dpi I tried it and it worked!!! I wish there had been a tip to do this in the software!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.