Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Jimmy1940,

Did the tray get skewed when you were putting it back into the printer?

Check out Message 2 to see how to adjust the tray.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Yes it did get skewered. I've tried pushing the blue button but nothing happened. The metal t-bar on bottom of tray is all the way up not allowing paper in. Pushing bar down doesn't work. Thank you for replying. Is their a fix for this it seems to crop up a lot in forums. Jimmy 1940
HP Recommended

Hi Jimmy1940,

Without being there to see the paper tray it is hard for me to determine what is happening. If the tray adjustments are not working correctly or appear to be skewed to where you can't adjust the tray you will need to get the tray replaced. If your printer is still under warranty you should be able to get it replaced under the warranty. If your printer is out of warranty there may be a cost involved with getting the tray replaced. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836, and they support agent can assist you with getting this fixed. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

HP Out of Warranty Support Options for Select HP Consumer Printers

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply. How do I remove the tray? The tray is stuck in a half opened position and will not go in nor can I remove it.
HP Recommended

Hi Jimmy1940,

The only thing I can suggest is you try removing the tray with a little bit of force without damaging the tray or the printer. If you are unable to do this then you will need to call the support number in my last post.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
Your suggestion of pulling harder worked! I believe the metal bar at bottom of tray was the culprit.
Thank you.
HP Recommended

Hi Jimmy1940,

Awesome, Were you able to reinstall the paper tray into the printer and get everything working again?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I took my try (have only one) all the way out.  When I try to put it back in, it goes back 90% of the way and then stops, and I can't get it to go all the way in.  When I look inside, it looks like the metal part in the back on the left side is higher than the right side.  Is this the problem?  If so, what do I do?  I can't get the left side to stay down.  Thank you.  Face5

HP Recommended

Hi Face5,

That probably is the problem.  The metal part should be level.  Try removing the tray and emptying the paper.  There is a "button" on the outside middle back of the tray.  Push the button and the metal part should pop up.  Look carefully under the metal for obstructions or broken pieces.  A flashlight might be helpful.  Let me know how it goes.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended
Thanks so much! There was a piece of plastic jammed under the metal. I really appreciate your help!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.