Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows Vista

I was able to scan a series of pages as a PDF document to my computer; however, but I am unable to locate where the file was saved on my PC.

The steps I followed to make the scans were:

1. On my PC: Manage Scan to Computer;

2. Then on the printer: Scan > Scan to Computer > Select Computer: DEBRA-PC > Save as PDF.

The steps I followed to try to locate the PDF scan file on my computer:

1. Recent Items (not found).

2. My Scans (not found).

3. Opened Adobe Reader X and looked in "Open A Recent File" (not found).

4. Documents (not found).

Is there a default location where my files would be stored?

Thank you for your help!

DebraNC

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DebraNC

Printer, one of:

"HP Officejet Pro 8600" (4)

Assuming you have installed the Full Feature Software for the printer, change the destination folder using the software on the computer.

Reference:

Scan to Computer, Email, or PDF

Scroll to the bottom of the page to FAQs >

See Section:  How to I change the destination scan folder?

Reminder:

When using the Printer Assistant (shortcut icon on your Desktop) to scan using the printer software, remember to click the little "Show Preview" (wording varies).  Show Preview (when clicked) allows you to change the destination.

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.