Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Windows 10, and I'm not sure I had exactly the same problem but mine was similar. During installation, it would list the printer as discovered in the table with it's IP address, then on the next screen when it was "intalling printer over the network," it would say it couldn't find the printer.

I went to devices and printers in the control panel and added it manually, using the option to install by TCP/IP address. It found the printer, and the drivers were already on the syste probably from previous install attempts. It installed successfully. However, it did show up as "other device" not a printer in "devices and printers." Then I ran the HP software and it found the printer and was able to complete the installation. However, it still showed up as "other device." Then I removed the HP8610 "other device" and it suddenly showed up under printers correctly and I can print from all applications.  Woo hoo! Hope that works for someone out there.

HP Recommended

Have done all the resets and gone into menu to CMD files and reconfigured per HP Support but printer will not stay connected to HP Pavillio laptop running current updated Windows 10.  Also, signed up for HP cartridge management and refill and have heard nothing from them for the last 3 months. 

How do we get the HP printer connected and maintain connection?  Printer is not that old.  Maybe should switch to Brother or Cannon.  This is getting so frustrating and if you call HP, it takes forever and forever. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.