Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes this worked for me. Under Printing Properties->Advanced Tab- New Driver. Select HP - then choose 8600 class driver. 

So far so good. 

HP Recommended

This worked for me too.... thank you.

HP Recommended

I would like to say that the latest solution centre update has resolved this problem for me - It was necessary to delete the old version of solution centre first and install the latest versions adapted for Windows 10 - I have not had a problem since after months of trying to fix it

HP Recommended
 I have exactly the same situation. A clean installation of Windows 10, and the symptoms are the same as described here. As you can see HP do not really cares about the subject. Only install new drivers from 8600 helps.
HP Recommended

Ok, after 2 chat sessions with HP support for this issue it APPEARS to have been fixed.  I tried using the 8600 class driver as some others suggested but it didn't help.  Technical support installed the HP Deskjet 9800 Printer driver instead and that seems to have done the trick.  Hopefully a permanent fix.

Update:  Well, the fix is still working and I'm still able to print.  However, apparently the 9800 series printers don't print duplex because I can now only print single sided unless I want to manually turn the page over.  I'll be back chatting with support today but if this isn't fixed it will be the absolutely last HP product I buy.  Not because of the problem, but because of their apparent lack of concern over the problem. 

HP Recommended

I have also been suffering from a similar problem. I am running Win 10. Other PCs in the house are running Win 7 and 8 and dont have the same problem. After reading the earlier posts I created a new printer in the Windows Printer setup page and entered the host name, in this case HP5E6150, as given by the WiFi screen on the printer. So far, after a power cycle it appears to be working. I will add another post if it stops working

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for sharing the information about using the "HP Officejet Pro 8600 Class Driver". This fixed the printing issue I was having on my Windows 10 64bit computer.

HP Recommended
You’re welcome! Glad it worked for you!
HP Recommended

@19Joe19 wrote:

I had the same issue, posted here a couple of weeks ago. Somewhere in these forums I saw a suugestion that worked for me - go into the printer's properties and change the driver to "HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Class Driver". Solved my issue instantly...I don't seem to have lost any functionality. Tech companies are frustrating in that they don't admit to an issue until they solve it...even then it will be a vague admission. I'm sure they'll have an updated driver with the fix soon.

I just wanted to give thanks as this alternative driver idea finally resolved a problem I've had for nearly two years. I had a 32-bit Windows 7 machine and an HP 6968 printer that would not work. The driver would install, printer would show, and you could send documents to the printer queue, however they would never actually print and would dissapear from the queue. I tried MANY troubleshooting steps including the "HP Print and Scan Doctor" utility which identified there was an issue but said it was unable to resolve it. Finally I took the above suggestions and tried selecting another driver since HP probably uses the same or similar communication protocols between their printers. The "HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Class Driver" was not listed as an option for me, possibly because I was doing a network installation and not USB. 

Anyways I uninstalled the 6968 drivers, rebooted, added the printer manually by specifying the static IP I set it to, selected the HP "Officejet Pro 8000 A809 Series" driver, and immediately after I was able to print from the computer. Thanks for the suggestion!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.