Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-15-2017 01:07 PM
My printer keeps showing an error message saying that there is no paper, but the tray is full. I unplugged it a few times and restarted it, but it didn't help. Also, I took off the back and cleaned the paper rollers. The latest drivers were installed, but still the same result. It was working fine the day before, but it's not anymore.:smileymad:
05-16-2017 10:44 AM
A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you.
I understand that you have an HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer fails to detect the paper in it even though the paper is present. You have unplugged the printer and restarted it, cleaned the rollers and also installed the latest drivers and the issue persists. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did any hardware changes take place on the printer recently (like a paper jam, carriage jam, etc.)?
- Are you selecting the correct paper type and size from the print settings of your computer?
- Load a few sheets of paper (about 10-15) and let me know if the printer can make a copy?
- Is the printer able to pick paper from the ADF (Automated Document Feeder)?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
NOTE: Please skip any steps that ou have already tried.
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
If the issue persists then please perform the steps as described in detail from this link.
I hope these steps help. However, if the issue persists then you may reset the printer to its original settings. I have sent you a private message to reset the printer.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂