Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have done this at least six times and even uninstalled the driver and all other components and it still is not working. Now I'm getting an error message of 0xc16a0035. Someone pls. assist me. I'm about to throw this printer out the window... :HalfEyes:

HP Recommended

Mine is doing the same thing.  I'm thinking it of drilling a hole through it and using it as a bat anchor.  I'm going back to an old lexmark printer.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Check out the following topic:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Photosmart-C5180-Power-Up-Power-Down-Problem-L...

Your problem is one of the symptoms of a larger issue, that's been solved there.

HP Recommended

what/where are these located.  how to do that?

HP Recommended

oops.  meant to say, what is the plate vortex formatter, and evolve carriage cable.  where are they, how do you go about doing that.  (for us non computer types).  thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, having same frustrating problem, have tried everything else suggested. can you be more specific about your instructions? I have no idea where to find the plate vertex formater or what you mean by EVOLVE. Would appreciate any help on this.

HP Recommended

@tjpam and jmoore2794

You appear to be responding to the nonsensical babbling of barbod_barbod. His (or her) "help" doesn't actualy mean anything, except maybe in a bad scifi-flic...

Follow the link to http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Photosmart-C5180-Power-Up-Power-Down-Problem-L... and see how I (and a few others) solved a similar and related problem.

You may need to find and replace one or more defective capacitors.

HP Recommended

HI, this worked for me after 3 months of playing and changing power cords and getting new ink. Also I change the power cord from my surge protector to wall outlet no sure if that makes a difference or not but it sure didn't hurt.  Then unplug power supply and the power on while holding the ok and help button until the screen goes black.  And which time it will bring up a error but I just hit ok.  And then it when thur the process of redoing everything for the master reset.   Wow!  IT Worked.  I got to print a test page first time in three months.  I was ready to throw it out the window into my front lawn.   But it did work for me.

I wish everyone the best of luck.  I have a kodak printer as well.  Dont have problems with it like this one.  But then the Kodak is at the office.  Hp is my home one..     Thanks for listening....

HP Recommended

I have the same printer C5180 and a window stating:  Ink system has failed.  Can't print.  I was told to get a new printer, which is expensive and I can't afford now..  The HP tech said it was a hardware problem and he can't solve it.  I went online and did everything suggested.  I still get that message.  Now I am taking it to a repair man since I believe I paid $250 for it and my warranty ran out.  It is over a year.  I have searching for a clue on how to fix it.  If it is too expensive to get it fixed.  I will go to one of those technicians on line and pay for an answer.  I can't believe that so many of this type of printer has ink system failure.  Mine was working perfectly.  I just put in all new cartridges.  Someone said, the cartridge could be defective.  I bought them from HP online and wrote to them about it.  I plan on sending the new ones back and see what happens.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.