Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The only way that I found of geting rid of the error message is by unpluggung the black flat cable that goes on to the mother board, which is on the RHS of the C7280. This will stop the message and you will be able to print and scan without any problem via WiFi or cable. The only problem is that you will not be able to do manual copying using the feeder. When you want to do this operation, you will need to plug the black cable back again. Please note that the cable must be unplugged once you complete the manual copying. I have no idea why the message come only when the black cable is plugged in. In fact if there is an ink system failure, it should come up when that cable is unplugged as well.

This worked for me.

HP Recommended

I'm also having this error code for my c7280 (2011 vintage). I've previously manually cleaned my print heads in other HP's and one response link in this thread is to a page describing manually cleaning the print heads of a c7280 doesn't show the correct mechanical pictures to go with the descriptions. See here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01458034  My c7280 has 6 print carts built in to the area above the paper tray. They do not attach to the moving head as was typical with my previous HP devices. When the Printer is on and the top is openned for service, the print heads do NOT slide over for service. The diagrams on the page show the older design.

SO... where's a useful manual head cleaning diagram????

HP Recommended

Cleaning the printer head or even re-setting the printer any number of times will not solve the problem. Even HP has no solution for this issue. The printer works perfectly in every way when the ADF cable is un-plugged. But the document feeder will not work. Now if the printer head had a problem in any way, it would give the same error message but it does not when the ADF cable is un-plugged. I am unsing the printer without a problem with the ADF unplugged. If I need to use the ADF for copying or scanning, I plug in the ADF at that time. Remember that if the ADF is plugged in after the copying and scanning is completed, the error message will appear.

HP Recommended

I lived with this error code for a week or so, and it's the most inufuriating one there is, because when you think you've got rid of it, the orange exclamation LED starts flashing again, and oxc19a0035 is back.

Based upon my experience, few points to note:

• Don't believe HP staff who say the C7280 can't be recovered from this error - it can be
  • Unless you are highly proficient, don't try removing the printhead from this unit - it's unlikely to be the cause anyway
  • The various resets mentioned may offer a very temporary fix, but they don't address the underlying problem. It's rather like replacing a fuse on a faulty unit - it will blow again soon after

Thanks to this blog  http://philatwarrimoo.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/hp-c7280-ink-system-failure.html my printer is now working again. That's because it prompted me to take a quick look inside the printer at the visible mechanics. Phil (the blogger in question) focused upon the position of two white cogs to the left of the carriage area, which he thinks were misaligned. Then, he noticed a scrap of paper inside the printer and removed it. After this, his printer worked again. 

In my case, the cogs were correctly aligned, but I also noticed a small scrap of paper inside, which I carefully vacuumed out.

When I reconnected the printer, it worked, and touch wood, continues to work perfectly. My only thought is that this small bit of paper was 'tickling' a sensor and causing the error.

When I think back, before the oxc19a0035 error code, it did indeed say 'Paper Jam', but as I couldn't see any, I discounted this as the reason.  

So if you've got a moment, and your printer is still confounding you with this code, grab a torch and take a look inside - - you've nothing to lose, and you never know what you may find.

HP Recommended

i have a hp photosmart premium model c309a same problem as everyone else in the community ink system error oxc19a0035 added new ink cart. turn off then on a dozen times unplugged from wall unplugged from back of printer nothing works whats the next steps ? i use 564xl combo pack ink cart. (5 ) very expensive please help

HP Recommended

I tried EVERYTHING that anyone suggested except sacrificing a chicken.  You may as well get used the idea that the printer is toast and buy a new one.  I think HP has a built-in planned obsolesence on their printers.  

HP Recommended

May be try sacrificing a goat next and then a lamb, then double the number of sacrifices and keeping going on until the next century. 

Let me tell you the secret, IT companies make their products to last only for X number of years. This is programmed into the chips or if you download updates or allow them to update your FW then a failure is bound to happen at some set stage.

HP Recommended

i found this method on the other thread to be worth trying .

"Press and hold the '*' key on the key pad, then press the '#' key and release them both. Then enter '123' to enter maintenance mode.

Press the right arrow (next to the OK button) until 'System Config' menu appeared on panel.

Then press OK two times to clear the error condition, then cancel two or three times to return to the top menu.

Then power off and back on."

By resetting error code, error message and crashing can be lessened at least being able to function for an extended time period until you have to reset the printer again! 

HP Recommended

I had a different Ink System Failure error code, and had given my trusty C7280 up for dead. I tried your suggestion of a "hard reset" and I'm back in business. THANKS

HP Recommended

Just the same... get ready to buy another printer.  I tried everything people suggested and couldn't get rid of the error message for more than a couple of days.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.