Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I get the installer file back? Do I need to uninstall the HpPhoto Essential program and then reinstall?

HP Recommended

All'avvio di windows 7, appaiono diverse finestre una di seguito all'altra in cui mi dice che il file TrayApp è mancante. occorre installarlo tramite il disco in dotazione, ma io, tale disco non cè l'ho. come posso risolvere.

HP Recommended

Are you Aware that the recommend download costs $29 Or have to sign up for promo packages.

Nice costly solution.

HP Recommended

I upgraded from windows 8.1 to the new windows 10. I too had the same problem with my HP Photosmart Essential software that I had installed on windows 8.1; and I found out from Microsoft and Hewlett Packard that HP Photosmart Essential will not work on windows 10; so I kept getting a message on my computer screen that the HP Photosmart Essential wanted my Windows Installer to install my software. When I choose ok; the message kept coming up that the HP Photosmart Essential.msi is missing. I could see the software on my computer hard drive; but could not open up my software on my desktop. I couldn't uninstall my software and I couldn't install my software. I asked both Microsoft and HP how to get rid of that message or uninstall my software. Neigher Microsoft or HP could solve this issue. Anyway this weekend I recieved a message from Microsoft; and it informed me that they found a solution to my  issue.  They informed me that Microsoft has a Mircosoft Fix It for windows 10 now; so I downloaded the  Microsoft Fix It for windows 10. It doesn't install on your desktop. It is downloaded to your download file. After it has been downloaded. You double click the Microsoft Fit it icon in your download file. Microsoft Fix It asked you if you want that software to search your hard drive for problems automatically. Or you can choose to search for yourself. I choose to search for myself. A drop down list appears and you scan down the list until you come to HP Photosmart Essential. You choose that and choose ok. Microsoft Fix It finds the problems and fixes it. Microsoft Fix It; asks you if you want their Microsoft Fix It software to uninstall your program HP Photosmart Essential. I choose ok. When I restarted my computer my problems and isssue was solved.  

Eddykins
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.