Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have the following printer:
HP Photosmart Plus B210e
Product number: CN219A

Problem:
This printer used to work, but now won't print anything at all. There are several sheets of plain 8.5 x 11" paper in the tray. When I start a print job it says "Now Printing..." on the display for a few seconds, makes the normal mechanical sounds like it's about to start printing, then displays the following error message:

Out of Paper
Load paper into Main Tray

If I press the OK button it retries and fails again.

I have tried printing the following ways, all with the same result:
  • Printing a self-report from the printer menu itself
  • From a PC running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, wireless printer connection
  • From Mac OS X Lion, wireless printer connection
I'm following these instructions for loading plain paper, like I have always loaded paper. 

Troubleshooting steps performed, but didn't help:
  1. I tried removing the sheets and re-inserting them, even shuffling them.
  2. I tried adjusting the bar that pushes the pages snugly to the right.
  3. I bought and installed 4 new ink cartridges.
  4. I tried rebooting the printer multiple times.
Please help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey fanblade,

Thank you for the detailed post describing the issue you are experiencing.  It sounds like the paper sensors inside the printer are having an issue with detecting the paper in the tray.  This can be due to rollers being dirty and unable to pick the paper, settings issue, or possibly an electrical issue in the device.  I would advise performing the steps in the document linked below.

'Out of Paper' Error Message and the Printer Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper

Let me know how this goes as I have the steps to perform a factory reset on this printer,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey fanblade,

Thank you for the detailed post describing the issue you are experiencing.  It sounds like the paper sensors inside the printer are having an issue with detecting the paper in the tray.  This can be due to rollers being dirty and unable to pick the paper, settings issue, or possibly an electrical issue in the device.  I would advise performing the steps in the document linked below.

'Out of Paper' Error Message and the Printer Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper

Let me know how this goes as I have the steps to perform a factory reset on this printer,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Solution #3 from the document above solved my paper feed problem. It was just a matter of cleaning the dust off the rubber paper-feed rollers. Thank you!

HP Recommended

I am glad to hear that the issue is fixed!  I wish you the best in all your continued printing efforts.

Happy Printing,

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.