Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium C309a
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I try to scan from the Photosmart it tells me no, scan from the computer.  I can't even FIND a command to scan from the computer!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you installed printer software and drivers to your computer yet ? If yes, please try

(a) Double click printer icon on desktop,

(b) Select Scan a document or photo,

(c) Select options (size, dpi ...),

(d) Scan

If no, please download and install the following software and drivers first then try again:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL26021/mp-109738-3/PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_40...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but I have done this several times, with NO result.  I also can't place a printer icon on my desktop, which is odd.  I am thinking seriously of going back to 8...10 is full of nasty surprises like this.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Windows 10 burries many icons but the printer icon should still be on desktop after the installation process. Please try different way

(a) Hit Windows key,

(b) Scroll down to HP folder and expand it,

(c) Right click your printer and select Pin to desktop.

You can also Pin to Taskbar if you wish (on step c above, click More then select Pin to taskbar).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the repy.  There is NO printer icon when I do as you suggested.  I am not sure how this is supposed to work, but seriously, going to Windows 10 was, in hindsight, not such a good idea for a novice like me.  I did discover that i can scan from my HP Photosmart to a memory stick, and then transfer it to my computer.  So a few extra steps, but at least I can do some scans now.  Good luck to everyone!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.