06-15-2017 07:52 PM - last edited on 06-15-2017 07:56 PM by Omar-E
Cannot Scan. Printing OK.
Windows 8.1 64-bit (Dell Inspiron Laptop) - Intel Core i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz - 16.0 GB RAM
HP Laserjet Pro 200 color MFP M276dn PCL 6 (connected wirelessly, power cord plugged directly into wall)
There is one other HP Printer installed on this computer: HP Designjet T790ps 24in
**Turned off Firewall first to ensure that was not the problem
All started after recently moving. After no success of printing or scanning I followed these steps, achieving only successful printing. Not successful scanning. Took these steps:
1. Completely removed all HP products by running their uninstallers
2. Installed LJ-Pro-200-color-MFP-M276-full-solution-15188
a. Had no success installing via printer USB direct connect to computer, had to install over network
b. Program ran quickly and successfully via printer wireless network connect to computer
3. Attempted to run HP Scan and got this message:
" Scanner Unreachable
Scanner communication cannot be established. Ensure your product is
powered on, check the connection, and ensure your network is
functioning properly. If these condions are correct, restart the product
and try scanning again.
If your installed using a cable connection (USB or Ethernet), ensure
both ends of the cable are secure.
If you installed this printer by IP address, then you might need to update
the IP address. Use the UPdate IP Address item in the Start menu entry
for this printer.
If you are running a firewall software, it may be blocking scan
communication. Please visit
configuring your firewall."
4. Ensured network connections & IP address good. Restarted computer and device - no success
(**Firewall turned off initially)
5. Downloaded, Installed, and Ran HP Print and Scan Doctor
a. Failed @ Windows (WIA) Scan
b. after skipping WIA, Failed @ HP Twain Scan
6. Looked up problem and followed other forum steps:
Run>services.msc -- Restarted the following services and verified set to automatic:
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) - Running - Automatic (stopped, then started)
Shell Hardware Detection - Running - Automatic (stopped, then started)
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) - Running - Automatic (left alone)
7. Attempted to find WIA driver under Device Manager - doesn't exist in this location
I cannot find any threads/forums beyond all of these steps that I have gone through with no success. Please Help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-16-2017 04:25 PM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.
I understand that you are unable to scan from your HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276.
This issue could occur if the scanner mechanism is not working or the full feature drivers may not be installed.
Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.
And here's the step by step guide for you to install the full feature drivers from the link: Full Feature Software and Drivers
You may also update the firmware from the link: Firmware Update Utility
Also, to check if it is a hardware issue with the scanner mechanism, I suggest that you may a copy from the control panel of the printer and see it the copy works.
Let me know how this works.
You have a good day ahead.
06-20-2017 08:22 PM
Thank you for posting your possible solution.
This did not work.
I tested the scanning mechanism by making a copy with the device, and that worked fine.
I double checked the Full Feature Software and Drivers, they are fully installed correctly.
I also updated the Firmware as you suggested.
Please let me know what the next step is. Again, please refer to my initial post that explains what steps I have already taken.
06-20-2017 08:32 PM
Found my own solution,
Scan Doctor only detected Windows Firewall - I went through both Windows Firewall and 3rd party firewall and set HP Scan program as a trusted application. Also double checked network was set to "trusted" vs public.
10-17-2017 01:02 AM
For several weeks, I've been having similar difficulties trying to scan using the HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw (connected wirelessly). The printing functions worked perfectly. Yet, the basic scanning functions only worked if I went through HP Smart, but they were very basic — 300 dpi at most, no duplex scanning. My computer is running Intel Core i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30 GHz (x64-based processor) with Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 build 15063.674 (64-bit).
When running the HP Print and Scan Doctor to Find and Fix a Scanner Problem, the application would indicate an error during the Windows (WIA) Scan. It would then tell me to unplug the printer/scanner device for a few seconds, plug it back in, turn it on, and restart the computer. After restarting, the HP Print and Scan Doctor would automatically resume, but it still would indicate an error during the Windows (WIA) Scan. Even if I tried to skip over the error, it would indicate the HP Scan and the Test Scan passed, but the HP Scan application would load in the background with an error indicating HP LJ M426fM427f Scan not found.
I repeatedly verified that the following required services were running: Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), Remote Procedure Call (RPC), DCOM Server Process Launcher, and RPC Endpoint Mapper.
Here are the steps that ultimately solved the problem for me:
- Go to Programs and Features
a) HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426f-M427f
b) HP LJ M426fM427f Scan HP Scan
c) HP Smart
d) I.R.I.S. OCR
e) HP Dropbox Plug-In
f) HP Google Drive Plug-In
- Run C:\HP_LaserJet_Pro_MFP_M426f-M427f\Utilities\Scrubber.exe as Administrator
- Press the Windows button + X then select Run, then type %temp% and enter to open the Windows temporary directory
- Select all of the files in that directory (Ctrl-A)
- Delete all of the files in that directory
- Empty the Recycle Bin
- Set firewall to trusted network (check the instructions for particular firewall software)
- Go to Device Manager
- Uninstall Devices and Related Drivers (item a should take care of items b-e)
a) Printers -- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426f-M427f PCL 6)
b) Imaging Devices -- NPIA56DE9 (HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw)
c) Print Queues -- NPIA56DE9 (HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw)
d) Software Devices
i) NPIA56DE9 (HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw)
ii) NPIA56DE9 (HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw)
iii) NPIA56DE9 (HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw)
e) WSD Print Spooler -- NPIA56DE9 (HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw)
- Go to Devices and Printers
- Remove the device NPIA56DE9 (HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw), if it exists
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode (see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode )
- After restarting, Press the Windows button + X then select Run, then type cmd.exe to open the Command Prompt
- Type sfc /scannow and enter to begin the scan and repair process, which might take 15 to 30 minutes to complete.
- Restart the computer as usual
- Find and download the printer firmware, if any
- Find and download the printer software and drivers
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe
- Run the printer firmware, if any, as Administrator
- Once the process is finished, turn the printer off and back on again
- Run the the printer software and drivers installer as Administrator
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor as Administrator, it should find your printer, select fix scanning problems.
- After the Windows (WIA) Scan error is discovered, unplug the printer for a few seconds as directed, plug it back in, turn it back on, and restart Windows.
- Be Patient! After Windows restarts, do not do anything. Simply let the HP Print and Scan Doctor process in the background (you can't see it working, but it is). It can take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes for it to complete the scans and repairs in the background. Have faith!
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor finishes, click continue. It should finish the rest of the scans successfully, including the Windows (WIA) Scan.