Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One printer that I had connected to a HP desktop with Windows XP until this last weekend.  My Desktop crashed and is no longer working.  I connected my printer to my Laptop (other brand) and got it working with respect to printing; however, on my desktop, I had a software program that allowed me to scan effectively.  I found the Windows 7 Fax and Scan program but it only does individual pages that I have to join together afterwards.  I also found some free ASP software but I need something else as it works intermittantly.  I am sure that on my destop I had an HP Director software program that allowed fax, copy, scan features.  Does HP not have software that I can download and install on this Windows 7 system that I can use with my 6210?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

The following weblink answers most of your questions in detailed:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03460648=

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Have you tried the HP Scan and Capture app? If you do not need the Fac component, then this might be a viable alternate for you.

Here is a link, but you will need to download it from the windows 8 store if it is not already one of your metro tiles:

HP Scan and Capture App

Supported Printers List - for the app

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

I made a typo when I said Windows 8.  I have Windows 7, not 8 but it doesn't change my response.  The link you provided talks about Windows Fax and Scan and Paint programs which I already mentioned ony scan one page making me have to join the pdfs after each individual scan.  I wan to be able to scan multiple pages into one pdf from teh feeder or the flatbed.  Please take another look at my question and provide a more appropriate response.  Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but I meant to type Windows 7, not Windows 8.  I have Windows 7, not 8.  Does your answer still apply?

HP Recommended

If you have Windows 7, refer the following weblink:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796736

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Same thing, Windows 7 offers Windows Fax and Scan which only does individual pages so I can't use the flatbed or the feeder to scan all pages into one document.

HP Recommended

There is a procedure to scan multiple pages into one in the following weblink:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03584750

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

I followed these insructions but could not complete step #6:

showhide
How do I get the HP software?
If you have not already installed the full feature HP software and would like to, follow these steps.
  1. Turn on the printer.
  2. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if you already connected it). If the printer is connected to a network, leave it connected.
  3. Go to HP Drivers & Downloads . If prompted, type your printer model number, click Next , and then click Drivers .
  4. Make sure that your operating system is selected, and then click Next .
  5. Scroll down the page, and then click Driver .
  6. Click Download , and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the software to your computer.
  7. Open the folder where the software file saved (usually Downloads ), double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

After I clicked driver in step #5, I got a message that the operating system has the driver, so I can't get the HP Software to scan using the instructions you provided.  Do you think you could give me an answer that works?
HP Recommended
I sent you another message. Do you have an answer? Thanks.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.