cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tjbailey
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Scan & Capture not finding my Scanjet 7650

HP Recommended
HP Scanjet 7650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using HP Scan & Capture and it is not finding my ScanJet 7650.  The software asks me to "Select Device" from the "Settings" menu .  When I try to find the scanner using the "Manual" option, it asks for an IP address and/or the "Host" name, I do not know the answer to either one.  Scanner is connected to my desktop via USB and it works fine when I use Vuescan.  Would appreciate any help.  Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,522 90,399 11,624 24,917
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following document shows it specs:

http://ccserver.copiercatalog.com/catalogfiles/HP_Scanjet_7650_sales.pdf

It ONLY has USB connection and HP Scan & Capture works for scanners on a SAME network only that why it can not firnd the scanner.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
tjbailey
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there such a thing as a USB to eithernet connector so that I coulduse to connect to my router?

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tjbailey wrote:

Is there such a thing as a USB to eithernet connector so that I coulduse to connect to my router?

Hi,

Sorry no, you can't use USB-Ethernet adapter for your printer because USB port on your scanner is not the same as USB port on your computer.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
tjbailey
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was talking about something like this (see attached) but I can't find one with the usb printer maleUntitled-2.jpg

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

As mentioned above, this is NOT going to work.

Regards.

BH

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation