Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just bought an Officejet 7610 wide format MFP.

When I start th HPScan software, I immediately get the message "The HP Officejet 7610 series was not found."

The scanner driver is installed; I can scan from the Windows Devices and Printers" control panel, and I can scan with Vuescan, so I know the scanner works. What do I need to do to get it to work with the HP scanning software?

I don't know if I can use the printer's control panel to scan since it's been displaying "Enabling Web Services (ePrint and apps) ever since I set the printer up two days ago.

The manual is no help; it says to open the printer software and "In the window that appears, select Print, Scan & Fax or Print & Scan, and then select Scan a Document or Photo under Scan." The only option the printer software offers is "Print."

I can pay $79.95 for Vuescan (which is very good scanning software) but my needs are relatively basic and I would like to be able to use the HP software that came with the printer.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

As I understand you are not able to scan from HP Officejet 7610.

Kindly click on the following link to resolve the issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03638489

though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Thumbs Up icon in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

The document you pointed me to did not solve my problem, which is that the HP Scan software cannot find the scanner. I can scan from the Windows control panel and from a third-party application called VueScan.

I have resolved this problem: When I set up the machine, I installed the printer software and drivers from the CD that came in the box. So I downloaded the printer software from the HP Web site and installed that, and now everything is working as it should.

So you might want to advise people to make sure they have the latest version of the printer software installed.

HP Recommended

I found an EZ fix and blogged it. I just bought one and after pulling my hair out trying to get the scanner to work, found this fix. I don't use the feeder for anything, but use the flatbed often. And for those that don't think it's a full 11x17 scanner, it really is and does work.

How to Fix Scanner Issues for HP 7610  

HP Recommended

link doesn't open

HP Recommended

@Naufalk, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you facing issues with the scanner of your HP OfficeJet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One printer.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the links below: 

1. Network Scanner Connection Error (Windows)

2. Network Scanner Connection Error (Mac)

If the printer is connected by USB cable, then you may follow the links listed below:

1. USB Scanner Connection Error (Windows)

2. USB Scanner Connection Error (Mac)

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Still fluky. I finally connected and use my old hp8300 scanner exclusively which works flawlessly. Not worth getting a large all in one anymore. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.