Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 4645e all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My DJ4645e works perfectly except that HP Scan loading time over the wifi network is very long (30-60 seconds).

Firmware Version MZM1FN1418AR

Software Version 032.002.188.47710

Printer Driver Version 12.28.00.2027

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know @ettieli.

Download and run the  Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Let me know the results.

Run any Malware Software and a scan with your Antivirus Software, just to rule this issue out.

You may have to uninstall and reinstall the printer software.

Hope that works!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Hello @ettieli,

Thanks for showing your interest in the HP Forums! I see that you are having issues with the scans being slow. 
I would like to help you.

I checked online and the latest firmware is showing MYM1FN1418AR. I have provided a link for the firmware: HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4640 e-All-in-One Printer series Firmware Update.

Please try the steps listed in this driver to see if it will help with the slow scanning: HP Printers - Network Scanner Connection is Lost (Windows). Disregard the title.

Let me know if those steps worked for you. You can select the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" buttons, that’ll help us 
and others see that we’ve got the answers! Good Luck!
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to update the firmware again but the installation program insists that my version is up to date and won't allow to continue. Actually my firmware version MZ... may be indeed later than version MY...

Is there a way to uninstall the already installed firmware?

Regarding the support document for which you have provided the link - it refers to problems and errors with the scan process. I can scan and the scan is fast enough. The only issue is with the HP Scan program loading time. Once loaded it works perfectly.

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information @ettieli.

You should have the latest firmware update since you are getting the message that the firmware is already up to date. There isn't a way to roll the firmware back.

It may be a program running in the background slowing things down.

Perform a clean boot on the computer and turn off the Antivirus Software: How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Then try loading the scanning software again to see if you have the same results.

Let me know if that helped. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have performed a clean boot as per the instructions.

HP Scan loading time has not improved (still a bit longer than half a minute).

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know @ettieli.

Download and run the  Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Let me know the results.

Run any Malware Software and a scan with your Antivirus Software, just to rule this issue out.

You may have to uninstall and reinstall the printer software.

Hope that works!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Problem solved!

Print and Scan Doctor repaired the printer.

Many thanks,

Ettieli

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.