Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Scanjet 5590
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The driver for the Scanjet 5590 on Windows 10 64 bit has been causing me a lot of trouble. I have installed, reinstalled, and done everything I can think of to get it working. Either the driver will have major problems installing or it will just say that the hardware cannot be found. This is getting very frustrating because I have been having a lot of problems with h p drivers recently. If anyone thinks they have a solution, I would appreciate the feedback. I have even tried running the device software when installing on "compatibility mode" to be compatible with Windows Vista. None of the steps have worked. I know that the Scanjet is connected and read by my computer because when I run the h p Doctor software and do a test scan, the Scanjet responds perfectly fine. This has got to be an issue with driver software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum.

Have you tried the HP Scan and Capture apps from AiO Remote from the Windows store?

HP AiO Remote apps

Follow these steps to get the apps (if it's not already installed) :

1. Go to Windows Store
  2. Search for "HP AiO Remote" apps
  3. Install the apps.
  4. The apps should detect your wireless printer, under the apps, there is a "Scan" function.
  5. Click on the Scan and it will direct you to download the "Scan and Capture" apps.
  6. After installing, you should be able to Scan.

Let us know if that works.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the forum.

Have you tried the HP Scan and Capture apps from AiO Remote from the Windows store?

HP AiO Remote apps

Follow these steps to get the apps (if it's not already installed) :

1. Go to Windows Store
  2. Search for "HP AiO Remote" apps
  3. Install the apps.
  4. The apps should detect your wireless printer, under the apps, there is a "Scan" function.
  5. Click on the Scan and it will direct you to download the "Scan and Capture" apps.
  6. After installing, you should be able to Scan.

Let us know if that works.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
HP Recommended

Thank you so much! I used the "HP Scan and Capture" application from the Windows app store and it worked like a charm! Way better than the driver software for the HP scanjet from the website. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can also try this:

Install the Windows 10 Full Feature Software and Driver which can be found here:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=377691&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192

You can not install the full feature HP Scan Software directly in Windows 10 because the Macromedia Projector will cause an error. You have to extract the archive 'setup_full_5590_20_0_0_002' with WinRAR, 7-Zip, WinZip or any another archive tool. 

After the extraction, execute the file 'HPZstub.exe'. This will install the HP Scan software including the WIA driver. The TWAIN driver won't install correctly however.

After completing the setup, install the TWAIN driver separately from here:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3808630&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4191

After that, your HP ScanJet 5590 will be fully functional!

Good luck!

sanniep

HP Recommended

I tried using the AIO apps and they never detected the scanner.  This solution of running the HPZstub.exe from the installation package worked, but only with the WIA-hp scanjet 5590 selected as the scanner (in Adobe Acrobat DC).  If I try the HP Scanjet 5590 TWAIN I get the following error:

"A required software component was not found or was improperly installed.  Reinstall the HP Photosmart software that came with the device, and try scanning agin."

HP Recommended

Hi Pat-HI,

Read the second part of my post!

"After the extraction, execute the file 'HPZstub.exe'. This will install the HP Scan software including the WIA driver. The TWAIN driver won't install correctly however.

After completing the setup, install the TWAIN driver separately from here:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3808630&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4191

After that, your HP ScanJet 5590 will be fully functional!"

HP Recommended

Well, DUH!!  I should have kept reading the original post that said specifically what you said in your follow-up to my post.  Thank you for having the common curtesy not to point out my failing.

The second file installed correctly.

Thanks again for your patience.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.