Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Can you give me a link? Maybe its different...thanks
HP Recommended
Hi

Click on the link below to download the full feature software and drivers for Win 7. Let me know what you find out?

http://goo.gl/Kpqzw
I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

OK....this was my original post of mid October

Pretty much the same problem. Can't install the old software that I used on WinXP so no Solution Centre, no scanning.

I would like to use the same solution as indicated in the second post in this thread but am reluctant to grab the link because my HP ALL-IN-ONE has written on it...

HP PSC 2350 series

HP Officejet 6200 series

Will that link work with my all-in-one voodoo machine????

I have just moved onto a Win7 Home Premium 64- bit machine.

Is there a solution to this problem?? I can not scan to my computer and have no HP Director after installing that did work when I was using Win XP.

Is there a "link" that I can use to fix the problem or, as I alluded to before, should I be looking at a new printer that is compatible with Win7??

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi 2002,

Follow the instructions I have supplied on Message 48 , and let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Ok - So finally blocked off enough time to try this..after an hour or so, my Solution Center is back, but once again it says  "HP SC cannot run bec your device installation is not complete....etc.,etc."

Its not like I'm running some homemade OS on a patchwork PC...this is an HP printer (C6380 - not a cheap entry-level) trying to install on a newer HP laptop running W7 Home Premium. 

It was running fine for a year, then - as I said - *poof* - it ceased to function.  I have now spent several hours trying to re-config/re-install ....and I have un gotz.  THIS IS INSANE.

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD PRINTER/SCANNER FROM A COMPANY THAT BACKS UP ITS PRODUCTS??  -THANKS!

HP Recommended
Hi starvinmarvinpb,

It is possible that something in the operating system contributed to the failure of this printer, and the issue with getting it reinstalled. Lets make sure we are not fighting a hardware or operating system issue. Install this printer on a different computer, and let me know if you experience the same issues?
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I had all but given up - the last time I uninstalled/re-installed, as mentioned above and spent a couple of hours...I came up empty again.  FF to yesterday, when my printer at the office blew up and I needed something printed asap.

Out of desperation, I clicked 'install' again, and it worked.  Kinda tough to call it a 'solution' if you have to keep trying the same thing again and again and just get lucky.

Still scratchin my head why it all worked fine for a year then just vaporized.

If you bought a car and it did this you'd get a new one through the Lemon Law.

HP Recommended
Hi starvinmarvinpb,

Glad to hear it started working again. Have a wonderful day.
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Tried your solution but there is no SPECFIC software download for HP Officejet 6210 All In One  in the link you provided so we tried as close as we could with another  HP model ............no luck.

Thanks but I think I will change companies. IMO HP should have seen the win 7 coming and made a patch for all HP printers ..

Sorry but no kudos smileysad:

HP Recommended

So...I tried following your instructions but when I go to uninstalling Level4 I got this error message: Windows cannot find 'ccc_uninstaller.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.  Behind the message I could see the black screen for executing level4 cleanUP...

and couldn't go any further...

suggestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.