Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium PC operating system but I don't have the uninstall_l4.  Can you help me with this? I am unable to scan.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I followed the steps but when u get to run the ccc.exe i get the error message "Window cannot find "ccc_uninstall.exe."

What do i need to do now then?

HP Recommended

If you are trying to do an L3 or L4 uninstall then you are looking for a folder called CCC in the UTIL folder which is in a 7z folder.  The uninstall_L4 is what you are going to search for.  The instructions pcwizard (comment 48) gave are for users that installed the printer's software via download from the website.  You will not have that folder if you used the software disc that came with the printer.  If you used the disc you have to put the disc back in the cd tray and go to your "Computer/My Computer" folder and right click on the 😧 drive.  From the gray box that comes up you could click "Explore" and the CCC folder is in there (refer to his steps from here as well).  Remember, an L4 will completely uninstall anything HP so make sure you are not using an HP computer.  If you are using an HP computer, then you will do an L3 uninstall.  If you used the disc to install the printer but do not have it any more, you will have to go to www.hp.com/support (search for the Full Feature Software and Driver for your printer) and re-install the download.  Then you will find the folder you are looking for.  Be sure to follow each of his steps in order or you will not find the folder you are looking for.  It is hard to find the uninstall_L4 by searching for it.  I hope that helps to guide you a little.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

I had this problem once, and solved it by deleting the printer, downloading the latest HP software for my printer, and reinstalling it with HP Solutions Center. 

Here is a work-around for scanning. Go to Paint from the Accessories directory.  Click on the icon in the upper left hand corner (in Windows 7 it is the second icon down).  You will get a menu, includingon scanner or camera'.  You can scan from there

HP Recommended

That way works too!  And if you find the work-around works for you, as for the other features Solution Centers offers, if your printer is connected to a router, you can type in the printer's IP address into any web browser to access its embedded web server (ex. http:/192.168.1.7 and press the enter key).  In the EWS, you can check ink levels, perform maintenance checks, and even try the web scan function as well.  I just wanted to add that to the above suggestion as another work-around until you get Solution Center back that is.

HP Recommended

I tried this fix and when I went to reboot my computer, it doesn't boot and  I can't even get a response when I hit F2 or F12.

Is there anything in the procedure that could have caused this?  Has anyone else had this problem?

Rebecca

HP Recommended

Did you use a registry cleaning software like CCleaner? Did you try the L3 or L4 uninstall? Did you actually use the regedit command?  Depending on what kind of computer you have (like if you did an L4 uninstall on an HP computer) you may have very well completely killed your computer.  Sorry I didn't see this sooner.  It is recommended before doing any of the above three steps to do a system backup but you won't be able to do a system restore if your computer won't turn on.  Those are the only steps I could think of that would cause this.  I am really really sorry to hear that! 😞

HP Recommended

To pcwizard: Thank you for posting that detailed procedure. I must tell you, though, that it did not work for me.

I have a Photosmart C4780 connected by USB cable to a Dell Studio D540 PC running 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium with 6 GB RAM. I've had this printer for over 3 years and it has been running the HP Solution Center program for most of that time with no problem.  About one month ago I began to get the window "Device Not Connected" when trying to run HP Solution Center. This happened right after I tried installing the most recent firmware update with the filename "C4700_FWUpdate_4362_HPCOM_v1.exe". The firmware update did not properly install and that is when my problem with HP Solution Center began. The printer itself prints and scans just fine. Without the HP Solution Center, though, I have no way (that I know of) to check the ink levels.

I post this in the hope that it may be a clue pointing toward a possible solution.

HP Recommended

Correction - my Photosmart C4780 prints and copies normally from the front panel, but I cannot scan in this manner. I have to resort to using MS Paint to scan anything.

HP Recommended

Hi Kobac,

What procedure steps are you referring?

Have you been able to install the printer successfully on another computer?

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.