Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, showed up 2 weeks after installing a new printer on a Windows 10 64 bit machine. Checked the version of Support Assistant, says it's the current version. However, I have 3 messages, keep clicking the (Trash Can) icon, the messages go away but the Windows Tray Icaon still shows the exclamation point. After closing and reopening the Support Assistant, the same 3 messagaes are back. What else can be done to get rid of this annoying problem, worse, I may ignore valid messages if I just ignore this all together.

Larry

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem for several months.  Can't move flagged message (i.e., printer jam message) to the trash can.  Annoying yellow exclamation triangle continues to stay as an action item in the action tray.  Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Update: I actually had made the messages go away. or so I thought. But, yesterday they came back & show no signs of going away, no matter how many times I delete them. The only difference is there is only 3 messages this time for me instead of 4, like there was before.

So this issue has not been fixed yet.

HP Recommended

Yeah, same here, now I'm just setting reminders to get rid of them. Seems no one at HP is looking into this and many are reporting the same annoying problem.

HP Recommended

I have followed the instructions you gave yet the message still does not delete.
I have updated but that has not helped. It is really annoying having a yellow triangle on my taskbar constantly ....
What else can i try to fix this ?

HP Recommended

I too have the same problem.  I contacted telephone support and was told that they do not support HP Support Assistant and asked that I remove it immediately.  They further informed me that if I did not remove it they could not assist me with any support.  I asked for my problem to be escalated and I spoke to a supervisor who told me to remove the software.  I asked for support on the Support Assistant software and was told that none was available. The supervisor then hung up on me.  I was dissappointed with the lack of professionalism that I experienced.

I just want to be able to clear the log or warning so that the triangle with the exclamation mark disappears from my desktop.  It is particularly anoying as the printer is working without problems and running the lates software.

I appreciate any and all assistance!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I went in HPSA, clicked on About, and downloaded the latest version of HPSA.

Then I checked for new updates, reinstalled (successfully) the only update offered: the system BIOS Update. Yet, after installing, HPSA still keeps offering me the update! What to do, please? I've included a screen snip.

HPSA Screen SnipHPSA Screen Snip

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.