Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP photosmart B110 printer. Worked well until 2 days ago now nothing will print. Screen shows"ink system failure". Have tried various suggestios, nothing helps so far.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi Audnat,

Try out this link. Hope it can resolve your issue: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01458034

Hi, I am a HP employee. I am speaking for myself.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I followed all the steps on the link, even replaced the printer head but the same error code was showing. Then I restarted the printer and at first a blue screen with a different code appeared before instantly changing to a blank white screen. This happened too quickly for me to see the full code but it begins with C2FE. How can I get my B110 working? Help please.

Vichyiea

HP Recommended

Hello Lewis 91. I understand that you are getting a alphanumeric error code on your printer.  This link is the one that is specific to your product for the ink system failure message. The steps are the same as the one provided above, but I wanted to provide you with this document so that you may confirm that for your own peace of mind.

If you have done all the steps, and the ink system failure message will not clear, the error code is irrelevant and one is looking at product replacement.  One can call into HP Total Care for further assistance or to talk to an agent about the HP Upgrade Program. That is where one can look into purchasing an reconditioned unit at a discounted price that will come with a full factory warranty. The number for US and Canada customers to call is 800-474-6836.  If located in another country, contact information can be found at this link here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I completed the steps on the link before but when I replaced the printer head the screen went blank and now the ink tray won't move. I guess 'm going to have to get a new printer 😞

HP Recommended

insert 4 new ink cartridges its now telling me they are faulty and don't match printer went a bought another black on from a shop as the last one was from online thought it might be dodgey what is wrong if i buy nre printer won't one that 364 cartridge fits in as all new?????

HP Recommended

Hello whitlock.  I understand you're having some trouble with your ink cartridges.

Are you receiving the "ink system failure" message or a different error?

What printer do you own?  Please identify it by the product number.

Are the cartridges you have right now HP 364s?

Also, try the steps in this document.  

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.  Have a good day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended
i can help you. you have problem with Print head. Change it but one thing you have to remember that is about cartridges. If you were using introductory cartridges for long time. you need to change them. Actually introductory cartridge is made in china and new one is made malayshia. If you use three old cartridges and one new that will not work and will damage print head again. It need to change all four at the time after changing print head. Cartridges of two countries are quite different. Use all four cartridges of same menifecturing country.
HP Recommended

@audnat wrote:

I have an HP photosmart B110 printer. Worked well until 2 days ago now nothing will print. Screen shows"ink system failure". Have tried various suggestios, nothing helps so far.

HP Recommended

Do you have to change the printing head first or if i try to change the cartridges without changing the printing head will work?

For me the problem isn´t so much the fact of not printing but the fact that the printer doesn't scan. HP printers shouldn't block some functions just because other's don't work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.