Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-28-2017 09:58 PM
I just purchased a HP 8715 printer and when I try to install the full software, the install routine sees the printer via wireless, but fails to install.
I've had this same problem with other new HP wireless printers. I've tried turning off my McAfee firewall, still no joy. I tried to use the Windows 10 Add Printer and I get an error that it can't find the device drivers. I was able to connect the printer using USB, but I want it to be wireless.
05-29-2017 06:40 PM - edited 05-29-2017 06:40 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 8715 printer. I understand that you are unable to install printer through wireless router and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.
Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,
- Restart the computer, printer, and router.
- Check the network and printer connection status.
- Manually connect the printer to your network.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer.
- Uninstall and reinstall the HP driver and software.
Click here and follow the steps mentioned in the document to fix this issue.
Let me know if that works.
I am an HP Employee