Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the hint.  I have a HP Phtosmart 5520 printer with no USB slot but  it does have memory card SD and DUO slots and the screen shows this so I took my SD card from my camera and scanned my docs to that then uploaded them to my email.  Wish HP would gets its act together it is bad enough that the ink is so expensive - puts you off their products.

HP Recommended

Just set my 7500a up for the first time using the latestet drivers from the HP site, and not the included CDROM.

I can print wirelessly from my macbook pro, or my android phone with no problem.

However I have Mavericks and cannot scan in any way. There is no HP software (or is there?) available from the HP driver and software support page other than the driver.

So, after reading through here for an hour I have tried the apple software solutons (and yes I have checked I am up to date with software update).. I have tried Preview, the Printer/Scanner panel and Image Capture options, yet I get the same message: software for this device not installed. There is no option to click install anywhere.

Am I in the same boat as everyone else OR am I doing something wrong? Is there a missing disc in my box? I have the arcsoft wondows disc and the 10.6 driver disc - should there be something else?

OR do I need to send the printer back and get a refund.

HP Recommended

I tried the Image Capture workaround, but it won't combine my pages into one doc (or at least, I can't figure out how to do that). Can't send my client a bunch of individual pages, so I'm still trying to find a solution.

I have a 5610xi All in One and my scans look fine in preview but come out only lines when they're done.

I tried the color option and that just made nicer squiggly lines.

Yes, this all started when I upgraded my MacBook Pro to 10.9.

HP Recommended

Hi Susansatt,

You are expereincing the same scan issue tha a lot of folks are.  We are gettign the solution posted just as soon as it passes testing.  I can explain how to scan multiple pages into a single doc right now though. 

In Image Capture, 

Choose your scanner on the left (mine are listed under Shared), then click "Show Details" along the bottom.

Choose the format as PDF, then check the box for 'combine multiple pages into single file' (or similar words).

HP Recommended

Thanks for this tip. I have a HP Photosmart 6520, which doesn't even show up in the HP Scan utility app after installing Mavericks. The printer doesn't have a port for a USB drive, but it does have a memory card port, and I was able to scan to this.

HP Recommended

Apple released a driver update yesterday, but still HP scan produces corrupt output and or would not let you save documents. This seems to happen for a wide range of printer/scanners, also for my deskjet F380.

HP Recommended

Doesn't seem to be available in the UK!

HP Recommended

Independantly I have found a way of scanning into Mavericks.

1. Make sure the printer is set up wirelessly (I have an OfficeJet 7500A).
  2. Then open Printers and scanners from System preferences.
  3. If you have already added your printer it will appear on the left. 
  4. Double click the printer - it opens up a dialogue box.
  5. From this box open Settings
  6. Then from there open Printer Webpage.

There's a scan option in there, which works basically. You can also access a range of other useful bits and pieces.

I think this should be added to the help files throughout the rest of the HP site as this is the only way I can scan.

HP Recommended

I also have  a G4010 and the scan and edit features seem to work O.K.  I have the same problems described when trying to print the scanned data.  My work-around was to use Apple's Grab Utility to copy the dited images.  The "grabbed" file needs to be printed at a size less than 100%, mostly around 75%.  This work O.K. but I would still appreciate a fix by HP.

HP Recommended

Already tried this option but I still cannot achieve proper scanning. The scan is still blank on the desk top! Also the drop downs are greyed out cannot be altered until scanning commenced.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.