Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

MB Justice,

Please post the target release date of the upgrade for HP Scan to make it Mac OS 10.9 compatible.

Also, please post if no update is planned so we can take the appropriate action rather than looking at posts that are going nowhere.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Is it not amazing that the responses by "I am employed by HP" have dwindled to nothing over the last couple of weeks, particularly in the matter of scanners. Am I being over cynical in suspecting that the driver issue for the printers was fixed quickly, because on the ongoing need for selling printer cartidges, but because scanners require no consumambles, HP have no interest in any further committment once they have been bought, since there is no following revenue stream.

I have been assured by Apple that before any new operating system is launched, the major players such as HP are involved, and that they have ample time to respond to any incompatabilities.  If this driver problem cannot be fixed, please tell us - Image capture and preview are not the answer, and atleast on my system do not allow manipulation of images, and requiretwo or three more stages for PDF capture.

I have a scanjet ADF 8250, which cost £700 when new.

@MBJustice wrote:

Jbminister,

Your OJ 7310 has been supported since OS 9.  The scan solution for this product is going to be via Image Capture and Preview at this time.  

HP Recommended

Is it unreasonable to get an answer as to what the status is on my photsmart C4780?  Will it be supported or not?  Is there a fix in the works or not?  All I'm asking for is a bit of respect?  Answer my questions please.  Just asking for a bit of customer service.

Thanks

S.

HP Recommended

Mine is a Scanjet 4070 Photosmart... any information on that one?

HP Recommended

Well that's it, no upgrade to c410a so I'm off to purchase an Epson as I have no problems with my other two printers.

As posters have noted, a bit of up front honesty from HP on driver upgrade would have been appreciated.

HP Recommended

I've posted previously that all of the current updates are posted and available for products that have an update available.  I am sorry, but I am unable to go through and track down each product listed in these threads for an individual reply.  If you go to your product page and do  not see an update for 10.9 yet, than we are still working on a solution for your particular product.  I do not have any timeframes.  This is software development and it all depends on how fast it can be finished, tested and posted.  We have over 1500 products, it is going to take some time.  In the meantime, you can always use Image Capture or Preview to import your images from your scanner.  

HP Recommended

MB Justice,

My 4070 is not recognized by IC, and preview does not allow me to "frame" the image... I am stucked! Have tried ALL the options posted here. The ONLY that works is saving in jpg2000 and then in preview or print transform to pdf.  But cannot scann more than one page.  

I have had scanners ever since they came out for homes.  ALWAYS Hewlett-Packard.  I was very proud of HP service.  I migrate from PC to MAC several years ago, and the transition and updates were allways great.   I use the scanner every two days!!! full documents!!! I think I deserve someone from HP gives us, ALL CUSTOMERS,  an explanation.  An official announcement about what is going on and what can we ALL expect for the near future.  This oficial silence and just "nice people" like you, making their best giving suggestions, is NOT THE ATTITUDE OF A COMPANY LIKE HEWLETT-PACKARD!

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks for attempting to help.  Really not trying to give you a hard time.  Seriously though, HP needs to be honest with us and not just attempt to placate its customers.  I have not sworn off you ....yet.  I reiterate, please answer my questions from my former post.  If you don't have the answers, please put me in touch with someone who does.  Thanks for your attention to this matter.  

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry but this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

MBJustice and HP printer/scanner all in one units.  Whenever HP provides an upgrade for its products, do I not get a notification whenever I run a software update on my HP program or through Apple?  It doesn't seem as though I'm getting much information from the HP Forum on resolving this problem.  So for my C4780 all in one, for scanning, either I use the go-a-round, or continue to check to see if HP will send through an upgrade....or buy a new printer/scanner.  I'm fortunate, I guess, in that while there are times when I really need the scanning function, I can manage with the work-a-round.  For you others I appreciate your frustration and am disappointed that HP has not been more responsive to its customers. 

"Frustrated" like the rest of you...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.