Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Of, course...and Preview too.  This is what I HAVE to use in the absence of HP support.  But as has been stated and re-iterated innumerable times by many different users in the past 3 months and 23 pages of queries and comments in this blog, these are not satisfactory solutions.  It is an absolute mystery for me that HP does not understand that, or chooses not to hear that.  I have to conclude that this is merely a marketing ploy on the part of HP to sell new products, and a crass one at that.

HP Recommended

Hi 

Our HPCM1312nfiMFP is only recognized as a printer on our new MAC ( 10.9 OS) is just doesn't come up as a scanning device so none of the workaroud present on the forum are an option.

Any ideas anyone?

HP Recommended
2013: HP
2014: CANON
HP Recommended

Yes, this seems to be a long term solution in light of silence of HP. Workarounds did not do OCR, so I guess we were just sold a bill of goods when we bought our HP Multifunctional printers. The D110 was my LAST HP PRINTER EVER!

HP Recommended

I have a HP C4480 (photosmart), after the Mavericks download I had to re-install my drivers again, but I couldn't find the scan driver ... 

It took a while, but I found one. This software you can use for the scanner from your all-in-one printer. It sais it's for a HP Scanjet, but it also works on my HP Photosmart. You can find the download link on this page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=nl&lc=nl&dlc=nl&softwareitem=sj-78355-5

This is the same program I used with Snow Leopard, and it works on Mavericks too.

HP Recommended

Tried your suggestion, but no matter where I try to save the output, and in any format, I get "An error has occurred saving the file because it could not be written to.  Check the properties for the file to make sure it is not read-only."

HP really must have cotton in its collective ears. I guess they are writing off Mavericks customers. Am I upset? YES!

HP Recommended

Suggest you try using the Mac application Image Capture. This worked for me & continue to use successfully. The Image Capture can be installed on the dock. This recommendation made on the Apple Community board when I posted my problem.

John Margo

HP Recommended

tried to use Image Capture but the message "An error occurred while communicating with the scanner". nothing worked so far.

HP Recommended

I just noticed something disturbing, an administrator has marked this thread "solved". If you re-search for something like "hp scan mavericks" the top entries will show up as "solved" while scrolling down reveals threads that have no such designation. I'll bet HP isn't even reading our entries anymore. I'm switching to another thread on this topic, there are plenty, where i can complain and be heard. See all of you at other threads.... at least until I get my new Canon equipment. 🙂

HP Recommended

This is sleazy, but not hard to believe, in view of the history of the past 4 months.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.