Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP1280
Microsoft Windows Vista

Printer has been working until now. Self test prints OK, but all I get when trying to print a document is a ne error indicated in the printer status on the computer and no indication on the printer to show a fault.  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

As we have properly understood your issue can you please help us with the error message you are getting  so that we can assist you better?

Nitin singh guleria

HP Recommended

Only message is against this printer is "Error",  I think the error is out of ink in both cartridges, althoug the printer lights do not indicate a fault. I will replace the cartridges soon and hope that will overcome the error. Do you know how I can get a driver for printerHP1220c?  I can't find it on Hewlett Packard l.lst

HP Recommended

Printer was out of ink, but I've fitted new cartridges and the self test prints ok , but the computer shows that there is an error when I try to print a document. Unfortunately there is no information as to what the error is.

I've tried renstalling the driver, but still will not print.

This has happened since trying to get the printer working on Windows 10 which did not work as the only driver available is for Windows 2000 although it had been working in Windows Vista.

HP Recommended

Problem sort of overcome.  The printer works OK on my very old Olivetti PC , running Windows 3.1 provided I convert spread sheets and database tables to CSV format.  Also works OK with BMP files and Works WPS files, so now can make use of the three ink cartidges I have.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.