Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP7510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am having various issues with this 7510 - Windows updates keep uninstalling it, but this I can sort.

On my daughters DELL, she also is running W10 (64bit), and tonight, she has gone to print photos, but the Printer was not showing in the Devices and printers, even though she has used the rinter from the Dell many thimes, and quite recently.

We did manage to get it to show, but it won't allow her to print, as it says "The HP7510 is in error state".

I have printed off my Laptop and desktop tonight quite happily, and the printer is NOT in "error state" (or I would not have been able to print off my PCs)

It says the Security certificate is invalid or missing or something similar.

How can I fix this please?

Also whilst trying to get access to the printer home page, I get a message telling me to log on, but the box that used to appear no longer appears, and I can't see anywhere where I can log on

Unable to Log On

Any solutions to either or both please?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @Davec1510

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to configure the printer on your computer running on Windows 10 and you are getting security certificate error.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you checked the system date and time on your computer and the printer? If they don't match, you might the security certificate message.

Have you tried to configure the printer using a USB cable on the Windows 10 computer?

Recommend you uninstall the printer software cleanly by following the procedure mentioned below and install it back on the computer. 

Note: HP Printers do not work or connect to 5Ghz networks. If you are using a dual band router, please give different names to 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks and connect the printer to the 2.4Ghz network. 

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for replying to my post.

I have uninstalled the Printer from the machine, and re-installed the driver <<PS7510_1315-1>>

I elected to set up the printer over the network (there appears to be no USB port on the printer anyway).

The Printer is now working properly.

This issue now appears to be resolved.

HP Recommended

Hi @Davec1510

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.