Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same error after uninstalling hp 6600 and installinghp 8600 pro

HP Recommended

I'm also experiencing this message after uninstalingl an old officejet then installing a new one. I no longer have the original install CDs so can this L4unstall program be emailed to me please with appropriate instructions? Thank You. 

HP Recommended

The solution is already posted within this very forum, and there are only three pages, so it should be easy to find.

HP Recommended

I recently contacted HP  I was having this problem.  I uninstalled a Deskjet 1000 J110 Series printer and installed my new HP Deskjet 1510 Series.  I keep getting this message:

Error message HP.jpg

I noted that the MSCONFIG method of searching this out was mentioned, however I do not know what to look for.  Can anyone please help?  It isn't affecting the use of my new printer, but IS getting annoying everytime I switch on my laptop, as it pops up.  I do not have any installation media for the old printer if it is required to deal with this any other way.

HP Recommended

This was driving me bonkers for weeks... thank you genius!!!!

HP Recommended

Perfect - the solution posted by Curryman on ‎04-07-2013 02:51 AM (page 2) did exactly the trick! Thank you!

HP Recommended

I found the shortcut to the problem DLL at the path below on my HP computer running Windows 8.1.  I had uninstalled an HP ENVY 5530 printer and returned it, because it would not print anything except unformatted TXT files.  After the uninstall, this annoying error message popped up every time I booted up the computer:

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Doing a search for the DLL didn't help because of course this is a shortcut - no file is present!

Thanks to all for the help and Happy New Year!

HP Recommended

Thank you!!

HP Recommended

This post is no longer needed, but it needs to be closed and marked as solved.  Do I need to do it, or can it be done by whoever monitors the messages?

HP Recommended

Before you disable, I am having the same exact error message at startup but am now using Windows 10. When I MS Config and go to Startup it redirects me to the Task Manager and under the Start Up tab there, I do not see anything saying Monitor Ink. Is there a workaround?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.