cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KMV2
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Help me disable my Direct wireless on my printer.

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5660
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have some photos on my e-mail and I want to print them.  I set up my own printer and I am a novice at this.  It has been working fine for what I need but printing photos from my e-mail is not working.

Someone looked at my computer and said I have direct wireless on my printer and therefore the browser which for me is Explorer 8 can not talk to the printer.   I have wi-fi on my computer

I also have a photo on my Tracfone which I would like to print.  I have Wi-fi on my phone and when trying to connect it to my e-mail  it tells me the e-mail is disabled which  means that direct wireless is stopping it from sending the photo to my computers e-mail.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,531
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KMV2

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer and would like to disable the wireless direct feature on it. I read that due to this the printer does not connect to the wifi.Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I suggest you to perform the following steps to disable the wireless direct on your HP printer:

In the wireless settings menu, there should be an option to disable the wireless direct. Please find the detailed user guide in this link.

I hope this helps. Let me know. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation