Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5660
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have some photos on my e-mail and I want to print them.  I set up my own printer and I am a novice at this.  It has been working fine for what I need but printing photos from my e-mail is not working.

Someone looked at my computer and said I have direct wireless on my printer and therefore the browser which for me is Explorer 8 can not talk to the printer.   I have wi-fi on my computer

I also have a photo on my Tracfone which I would like to print.  I have Wi-fi on my phone and when trying to connect it to my e-mail  it tells me the e-mail is disabled which  means that direct wireless is stopping it from sending the photo to my computers e-mail.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KMV2

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer and would like to disable the wireless direct feature on it. I read that due to this the printer does not connect to the wifi.Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I suggest you to perform the following steps to disable the wireless direct on your HP printer:

In the wireless settings menu, there should be an option to disable the wireless direct. Please find the detailed user guide in this link.

I hope this helps. Let me know. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.