Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I bought myself a new ENVY 4520 for printing and scanning. One important feature I intended to use was the scan to mail feature – as I want to Scan letters and send them right away to my evernote email account without the need of editing the scan on my Mac or iPhone.

After a lot of research I can't find the feature anywhere in my the settings.

I started believing, that the feature isn't installed. So I rechecked the product page and there it says: "send to email":

Please see the screenshot i made inkluding the link the page: 

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s71/sh/fc769816-6190-41f8-990a-abf99baeca24/14d915cb9db9f4c466e8b7300...

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/printers/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer

Looking forward for your help. 

Best regards, 

Oliver from Hamburg, Germany

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @olyester,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are interested in using the Scan to Email feature for your HP Envy 4520 but you are unable to find out how to enable the feature. 

I would like you to get started here: Scanning From the Control Panel (Email, JPEG, PDF)

The document above will walk you through enabling the feature.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions let me know the outcome. I will watch for your reply.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos".

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best

Oliver

HP Recommended

@olyester,

I appreciate you getting back to me. With the Envy 4502, you can scan to the Mac and then add it as an attachment.

Take a look here: How to Scan to a Mac (OS X)

As stated in the FAQs: "To email a scanned image or document, save the scan to your computer, then attach it to your email before you send it."

I understand this is not the feature you are interested in.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos".

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I also wnt to scan-to-emial, and purchased this product thinking that it was possible.  Please let me know how to do so!  If it is not possible, I would like to know what was meant by "scan-to-email" in the advertizment

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am amazed to see that even HP support dont know about the feature however you can go to www.hpconnected.com there you can login/register with your printer(serial number etc). once your account is created you can assign an email to your printer <<xyz@hpeprint.com>> . once that is done any document you send to that email id will go in the print queue

If you however want to send the scanned documents directly to your email id you can watch the below tutorial 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMrnIo0Zxx8

Regards

Aryan Raheja

HP Recommended

I fell at the first fence on that tutorial. I need to get my printers IP address (didn't know it had one) and I can get that by printing a configuration page. What is a configuration page and where do I go to print it?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.