Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Color Laser Jet Pro M252dw
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I'm learning to use my new Color Laser Jet Pro M252dw printer, but I can't figure out how to change any of the settings on the printer, such as change from portrait to landscape printing, change from color to black and white, or change from single-side to duplex printing.  Some more information or directions for operation would be most helpful in this matter.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @lonnie-19_72,

I see that you would like to know how to change some settings on the  Color Laser Jet Pro M252dw. I would be happy to help you.

I have provided the manual for the Color LaserJet Pro M252. It will provide all the different settings available.

Here is the link to the printer's support page also. HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I need to find where or how to set landscape mode. I did a keyword search of the PDF you linked, and neither of the words "portrait" or "landscape" are even IN the document.  Nor do I find it in the printer options popup window when I want to print.  My printer (Color Laserjet Pro M252dw) does NOT automatically recognize the page orientation, as landscape is set in the WORD document and in the "page settings" dropdown menu.

HP Recommended
The settings you are looking for are all in the driver dialog box instead of just clicking the print icon on the toolbar use the File menu and print option so the dialog box opens and you can choose the settings you want.

If my post solves your problem please mark it as a solution. If any tech gives you a helpful suggestion please give them kudos by clicking the thumbs-up button under the post.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

How to change my HP laserjet color printer M252dw from portrait to landscape?

HP Recommended

Welcome @jdsmith500,

Thanks for participating in the forums! I see that you would like to know how to change the setting to landscape. I would be happy to help you. 

You can change the orientation by going to File, Print, Preferences and selecting the Finishing tab.

This information can be found on page 38 of the printer's manual: Laserjet Pro M252dw.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" if this helped. Please let me know the results. Best Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.