Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This area is filled with sticky ink :mansad: and I am concerned it will overflow at some point. Dipping a Q-tip will allow me to remove some ink, but there is LOTS more!  If this is a container, can it be removed and cleaned?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It would be best to just leave it alone.  If you must clean it I would suggest you open the lid and wait for the cartridges to release.  Next unplug the printer and gently move the carriage to the left out of the way.  You will now have access to the spittoon area which you could clean out with a plastic spoon or paper towel.  Be very careful not to drop the ink laden cleaning tools on your desk or carpet.  Also be careful to not get ink on the encoder strip, the clear plastic strip that runs the width of the printer just behind the carriage.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.