Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I connect to HP Officejet 6500 printer through wireless to my mac

HP Recommended

@madonnaboate, i will be glad to help with your downloading your Officjet to your MAC. 

Here is a link that will assist you with that. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02271484

Let me know how it goes. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended
You're a wireless rock star Jim B!!! Thanks!! Gawd, it would be nice if someone who currently works at HP tech support would read your post....that might've saved me tons of frustration and countless hours of lost time and money.
HP Recommended

i've changed internet services and need to reconnect my HP Officejet 6500 printer through wireless. what do i do

HP Recommended

@hanleyn, I would be glad to assist you with this problem. 

You will need to go to your settings on the printer. 

1. Choose Network Settings.

2. Select Wireless Setup Wizard

After you go through these steps, you will need to get on the computer and update the IP address. (It would be located on the printer under Network Configuration Page).

Then go to the computer. 

1. Click Start Menu

2. Choose All Program

3. Select the HP folder

4. Go to the computer name

5. Click on UPDATE IP ADDRESS or Wireless configuration. 

6. Put the new ip address in the spot. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

how can i connect my hp offoce jet 6500 wireless printer to my computer hp15.6 lp"/dell desk top /toshibalp/hp 17" lp

plus i lost my manual & disc

HP Recommended

I"m setting up my hp6500 wireless ability.

I choose the following steps:

setup / option 8 network setup / 4.wireless setup wizard / the program searching for networks and displays 7 network names.

I need to expand the number of network names returned because my network never shows up as one of the 7networks.

Thanks. 

Gary Kokawa

HP Recommended

how do i connect my wireless  hp officejet 6500A plus

HP Recommended

You can google "how to make hp inkjet 6500 wireless" and then click the support.hp.com website. Then you click drivers and install the correct wireless application for your operating system

HP Recommended

I did this but my tablet still doesn't recognize the printer....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.