Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After my trial ink ran out on the HP Photosmart 7520 I installed a non-hp ink cartridge.  It prints fine but EVERY SINGLE TIME I print anything I get a pop up saying I have a non-hp cartridge installed and the quality cannot be guaranteed.  It then gives me the option to shop HP online, cancel the print, or click ok to close it.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  I print a lot of pages and this is extremely annoying.  There is no "do not show this message in the future" option.  How can I make this stop popping up???? 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi, there's a post about removing pop-ups that may help....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Annoying-pop-up-about-Genuine-HP-Vivera-cartri...

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
like you I find this practice both annoying and underhand. I am sure that there is a legal issue here but I have not got the time to waste perusing it., Fortunately HP printers don't last that long so when it dies - I wont be buying another. I cant stop it from happening but I have a small piece of code that runs in background, every couple of seconds it looks for that window and if it finds it it kills it. The symptoms are fixed but the disease is still there. If there is enough interest I will post the exe on a public site.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue of multiple warnings about using non-HP cartridges with the Photosmart 7520 on Windows 7.  The link given in the above post does not address either this model of printer or its implementation on Windows 7.  Does anyone know of a solution (including Registry change) that will address the issue for this printer on Windows 7?

Iain Mackay
HP Recommended

If you make a VBScript that has the following content:

'=========================================

Version:0.9 StartHTML:00000107 EndHTML:00004184 EndFragment:00004144 EndFragment:00000000
OnErrorResumeNext' In case we hiccup
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Do
    Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Process")
    ForEach objProcessin colProcessList
         colProperties = objProcess.GetOwner(strNameOfUser) 'Get the process owner 
         'We dont want to kill the one owned by SYSTEM
         If objProcess.Name = "HPNetworkCommunicatorCom.exe"AndUCase(strNameOfUser) <> "SYSTEM"then
            objProcess.Terminate  'kill the annoying popup
         EndIf
    Next
Loop

'=============================================

And run it whenever you start Windows, it will automatically close the message for you.

I have written an application that prevents the popups from HP but I cannot post it here. The VBScript above may also prevent other HP messages, so use it at your own risk.

HP Recommended

Can anyone help me get rid of the constant popup that I'm using non hp ink cartridges.  I know I am and want too...but hat the popups.  Anyone????

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I believe HP should advise on how to remove it as I am given to understand that it is illegal to insist on HP components or inks AFTER purchase. It is the same with car parts. i.e. it may invalidate the 12 month warranty but it is entirely up to the user what inks he chooses to use.  Come on HP be a good manuafacturer and show us how to delete this absurd message OR even better produce inks that compete on price with the substitiutes. It is absolutely possible.

If you need the grossly excessive profits on the inks to make up for the low profit on the printers then increase the price of the printers and reduce the ink price.

HP Recommended

I tried everything. Luck I had the original Disc., I removed the printer and reinstalled using the disc. Everything is OK now.

I declined any HP additional connections. Good Luck

HP Recommended

I tried everything. Lucky I had the original Disc., I removed the printer and reinstalled using the disc. Everything is OK now.

I declined any HP additional connections. Good Luck

HP Recommended

If you make a VBScript that has the following content:

'=========================================

Version:0.9 StartHTML:00000107 EndHTML:00004184 EndFragment:00004144 EndFragment:00000000
OnErrorResumeNext' In case we hiccup
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Do
    Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Process")
    ForEach objProcessin colProcessList
         colProperties = objProcess.GetOwner(strNameOfUser) 'Get the process owner 
         'We dont want to kill the one owned by SYSTEM
         If objProcess.Name = "HPNetworkCommunicatorCom.exe"AndUCase(strNameOfUser) <> "SYSTEM"then
            objProcess.Terminate  'kill the annoying popup
         EndIf
    Next
Loop

'=============================================

And run it whenever you start Windows, it will automatically close the message for you.

I have written an application that prevents the popups from HP but I cannot post it here. The VBScript above may also prevent other HP messages, so use it at your own risk

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.