Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just bought an Officejet Pro 8625 because the datasheet stated it could print 90# cardstock. I loaded a sheet into the paper tray and the machine jams. What am I doing wrong?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

Loading cards could be a tricky one. Please use instructions on page #25 of the following manual to load cards properly:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04204791.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I'm also having problems printing to cardstock on my brand-new 8620 (8625).  I'm using standard 8.5x11 stock, but I keep getting out of paper errors.  The file prints just fine when I swap out the 90lb cardstock for regular weight paper.

HELP!

HP Recommended

The questinos refers to CARDSTOCK or heavyweight paper. Not cards. This is not addressed in the user manual. I am VERY upset this printer is incapable of feeding the cardstock/heavyweight/90 paper. Ridiculous. My previous HP 5years old did that. 

If I cant resolve, I will be returning the printer and purchasing an Epson. Huge inconvienance and very disappointed in the lack of support on the forums and by HP as well.

It's cardstock. It's more standard to print on this than photo paper or photo "cards." Pathetic.

HP Recommended

The question/s refer to CARDSTOCK or heavyweight paper. Not cards. This is not addressed in the user manual. I am VERY upset this printer is incapable of feeding the cardstock/heavyweight/90 paper. Ridiculous. My previous HP 5years old did that. 

If I cant resolve, I will be returning the printer and purchasing an Epson. Huge inconvienance and very disappointed in the lack of support on the forums and by HP as well.

It's cardstock. It's more standard to print on this than photo paper or photo "cards." Pathetic this problem is not resolved.

HP Recommended

JRBronze and others -

After escalating the issue with HP, the work-around is to use "other greeting cards" as the paper type for typical weight 8.5x11 cardstock.  I've been successful using the setting in both MS Word and Publisher.

I was successful, with Costco's help, in reaching a Tier 2 support tech, and we all agreed that this can't be considered a "solution" to the problem.  Last I heard, it's being escalated to Tier 3 for a firmware / software fix.

Let me know if this works for you!

HP Recommended
Thanks so much for taking the time out to reply. It did not work. It still does not feed the paper. I believe the tray is either ill designed or defective but when I called to return the printer, the customer rep didn't seem interested in hearing me out or offering another alternative.

After my last HP printer, I wouldn't have purchased any other brand but HP for my next one; however, this experience has left me with a wasted half-day and a very different opinion about HP from here.

I will be purchasing an Epson. Customer service there was careful in listening to my problem and helping me find a resolve - and a wonderfully working printer at my local office store.

Thanks again for your time though.

JR

PS I will say I spent nearly an hour with tech support from HP, with Mark (the rep) attempting to find "workarounds" and solutions. He was set on making me a happy customer and was the only great, albeit hopeless still, part about this whole thing. He could only do so much with a product that wasn't made well but he was wonderful.

What happened to you, HP?
HP Recommended

I am also very disappointed that HP has let us down on this issue.  I need to use cardstock - NOT CARDS! - in my work.  The 8620 will not take cardstock. 

HP Recommended

I was able to print to cardstock by starting with an empty paper tray and loading only a few (3) pieces of 110lb cardstock. How pages you can load before "failure' I don't know.

HP Recommended

Banhien, your answer doesn't answer the question as mentioned here.  We are trying to print on card stock, 80lb + papers, which the 8720 does not do.  I have been using HP printers for 6 years printing on the same paper for 6 years, each other printer has managed to print on Cardstock, this one does not, I will be returning it to Costco. And finding another option, this issue has cost my business time and money.

Thanks,
Eric

@banhien wrote:

Hi,

Loading cards could be a tricky one. Please use instructions on page #25 of the following manual to load cards properly:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04204791.pdf

Regards.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.