Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I print 6 3/4" standard size envelopes from an hp 8600 officejet pro printer. This printer has this size on the tray and has this size listed in the printer set up on the printer, but the drop down boxes from my computer to set up the printer do not have this standard size listed. I keep getting messages on my printer that it is not set for the right size. I have a list of supported envelopes and their numbers for this printer but which one of these other numbers is the same as the 6 3/4" standard size envelope. I have an operating system of windows 7 with an older version of publisher. Everything else prints ok from publisher & the printer, just not the standard size envelopes of 6 3/4".

Please help!

indy-girl

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi indy-girl,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are trying to print 6 3/4" envelopes from your HP Officejet Pro 8600, but keep getting an error 'printer that it is not set for the right size'. After taking a look at the Supported envelopes sizes, the 6 3/4 is not supported. See below:

envelope.PNG

I was able to take a look at the 8600, the only thing I am seeing listed on the paper tray is Legal/Letter, and the 4x6". I am not seeing the 6 3/4 size.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you and I already have that list of supporting envelopes for the hp 8600 but my point is the 6 3/4" envelope is the standard size envelope and it has it on my printer itself and the printer tray, but not from setting it up on the printer from my computer with these supporting sizes. My question is which one of the supporting envelope sizes is the same thing as the standard 6 3/4" envelope that is sold all over for letter envelopes.

indy-girl

HP Recommended

indy-girl,

The standard envelope size is the U.S. 10 Envelope- 105 x 241 mm (4.1 x 9.5 inches). As for the 6 3/4 size the dimensions are as follow- 3 5/8 x 6 1/2 inches these are commonly referred to as Personal Size Envelopes or Security Envelopes. Can you please let me know which Country or Region you purchased your 8600 🙂 Also are you able to send me the supported paper sizes you have? The more information I have the better I am able to assist you and get this figured out!

Thanks again,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you! I bought my hp 8600 officejet pro in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, USA. The envelopes (plain white) that I have and are sold to everyone here is 3 5/8" x 6 1/2" or 9.21 x 16.51 cm. I noticed that the supported envelopes for the 8600 is marked either with a number or with mm instead of with cm.  I also have the business size envelopes (plain white) of 4 1/8" x 9 1/2" or 10.4 x 24.1 cm. 

indy-girl

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.