Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP19 All in One desktop
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I was on my computer and deleting documents and other items off of my computer I didn't need or want anymore and I think by mistake I might have deleted the built in PDF viewer program or its function.  How do I install this program or function back on to my computer. Every time I try to print a document in my web browser and I want to see a preview of what is actually going to print out I keep getting this error message "Google Chrome cannot show  the print preview when the built in PDF viewer is missing." 

Here are pictures of what I am talking about:

Step 1: I go to the three dots in the upper right corner of the browser

window when I want to print something off the web online.

print 1.JPG

Step 2: I select the PRINT button from the menu

print 2.JPG

Step 3:  I select the PRINT option from the menu and then the print dialog box pops up with an error message saying "Google Chrome cannot show the print preview when the built in PDF viewer is missing.

print 3.JPG

Is there anyway that you could try and help me with this problem or give me some instructions to try and fix the problem??  I need this resloved quick because there are things I need to print.

Thank you!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please reinstall Adobe Reader

https://acrobat.adobe.com/au/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

(The one on the left hand side).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please reinstall Adobe Reader

https://acrobat.adobe.com/au/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

(The one on the left hand side).

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I installed the Adobe Reader on my computer but, I am still having the same issue. What can I do now??

HP Recommended

Hi,

From your image, you print from Chrome, not from Adobe Reader. This is something to do with Chrome, not Adobe Reader. Please save as pdf file and print from Adobe Reader.

You can also try: From the printing dialog of Chrome click the Change button and change from Save as PDF to your printer, then it should print instead of saving the file.

Regards.

BH

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.