Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

CAN DO.

On my Officejet 6700 Premium i CAN scan 2-sided documents thru the document feeder.

HP may have updated the software since the question was opened, but it works now.

Using the HP Printer Assistant, Select 'Sacn a Document or Photo'

The last drop-down on the right says "Flatbed Glass", change it to 'Automatic Document Feeder'

A new checkbox appears just below, for Duplex scanning., tick it and scan.

Follow the instructions....

You let it scan the first side of all pages, then you move the output stack to the input feed as instructed and it scanns the second sides.

When complete, the scan software automatically re-orders the pages from, say, 1-3-5-2-4-6 to 1-2-3-4-5-6

Bingo it's done.

HP Recommended

Tried the instructions and could not get duxplex scanning options as described above. Ran the software updater but software was upto date. Can use windows imaging but it misses the second page each time

HP Recommended

Hi. I just bought the 6700 and also wanted to do the 2 sided scans. I saw the post about doinga setting via the HP Assistant. I dont want to connect it to a computer. I basically use mine just to scan magazine articles and save to USB. Is there a way to scan 2 sides using only the control panel on the printer?

Thanks.

HP Recommended
I don't have the "Add/Remove Pages" buttons. How can I get them installed?
HP Recommended

There a free web site: http://www.single2doublesidescan.com/ .

This is a free web site for PDF files merge and PDF file split. Especially for merging single page scanned PDF files into one ordered PDF file(Duplex scanning merge).

For duplex scanning merge, you scan the front side of pages into a PDF file, then simply turn over the pages and scan the back side to second PDF file, then upload these 2 files into this web site and merge them by clicking "SinglePageScanMerge" button then you get one file contains all pages in order! For example, if there are 10 pages for scanning, you scan the front pages and get a PDF file with page number 1,3,5,7,9; and then simply flip the pages and scan the back pages to a second PDF file ---- with page number in order as 10,8,6,4,2. After you merge them with  through "SinglePageScanMerge", you get a PDF file with pages in order: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.

This site can also be used for regular PDF files merge ---- just merger one PDF file after another. Or to extract pages from a PDF file.

The limit is 10M for all upload files. 

It's always faster to scan single side pages than double side scanning by the scanner itself. And using software to merge single side scanned pages can extend scanner's life.

HP Recommended
It works! (On the second try.)
HP Recommended

No kudos for you!  What part of "software solution" don't you understand?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have created a tool for MacOSX that does just that!

It allows you to duplex merge PDF documents resulting from a one-side scanner (even pages and uneven pages). Plus it makes it convenient if you have a huge number of files to merge. You can rename, split, merge several files (if there was a paper jam in the scanner for example and therefore you have several files for one side of the document). 

You can download it here : http://www.alphabeta-solutions.com/

I hope you will enjoy!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.