I just bought the 7740 because I need a wide format scanner. I need to be able to scan drawings as black and white bitmap images but can only find grayscale or color options. How do I scan in true black and white?
I understand you need to know how to scan in black and white from your printer.
Don't worry I'll try to help you out.
Did you make any changes to your printer?
Please try the steps recommended below.
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the Scan Tasks tab.
4. Select the affected shortcut and click on Edit... (or just double-click the shortcut).
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle or the Show Details button to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Mode
7. Now select the black and white option and then click OK to save the changes.
The next scanned document using this workflow will appear in black and white.
Hope this answers your query!
Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂
A4Apollo I am an HP Employee
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.